close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

flat heads at pike island locks and dam

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by uglykat23, Jun 19, 2004.

1. uglykat23

uglykat23 duuuuhhhuuuuuhhhhh

holy cow we had a blast......we got there around 8:30 pm the bite just started there was already one guy fighting a 24 pounder when we set our fishing stuff down. We set up our poles and dropped our blue gills straight over the edge of the pier, there was so much debri's inbetween the locks and the pier you couldnt get out that far, so we did the next best thing fish where there is a clearing which was right beside the pier. it just so happend the big cats where laying up underneath the pier. there were 14 cats braught in over 14 pounds biggest was 24 pounds smallest ws mine at 14 pounds. 6 more cats were all in the 8 to 10 pound range.they were biting on live bluegill in the 6 to 8 inch range and they were hittin fast and hard the water was at the botom of the pier not sure how high it was in feet but i do know my shoes were getting wet from the splashing of the waves .the whole 5 hours we were there not one channel cat was caught. a nice carp was caught though he was about 17 pounds. i fish pike island very often and this was the best bite i have seen in two years.( o yea it was elbow to elbow on the pier but some how the fishing gods were looking down on us and not one line got crossed) hope to see you guys out there soon god bless and take care

2. uglykat23

uglykat23 duuuuhhhuuuuuhhhhh

sorry bout hat i put it in the wrong section i just got home and am still sleepy......lol

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

sounds like a great trip!

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

thats some great fishing