close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Flags of honor

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gonefishin', Aug 24, 2007.

1. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I saw a cool display while at the airshow in Lancaster. What you see are lots of flags on white poles about 7 feet tall. It turns out there is a flag for every serviceman from Ohio killed in Afganistan or Iraq. Their names are engraved on the pole and family and friends leave pictures and letters. One kids father brought his sons GI Joe and they attached it to the pole.

It is an awesome sight. There are 173 flags, each representing a fallen soldier. He also has a display where they put up another 350 flags. What a sight that must be. The display will be in Chillicothe this weekend at the OU campus and I believe it will be the full display. Opening ceremony at noon on Saturday.

They do a ceremony where they call out each name and then place the flag. I'm not so sure I could take that. There is probably not a dry eye anywhere.

They have a website: www.flagsofhonor.org

I highly recommend this to anyone, it was truly moving to walk among the flags and read the names and look at the pictures and be thankful we have people willing to fight and die for our freedom.

2. 1st of all thanks for those awsome pics...........2nd i have not heard about your topic..........that sounds so damn cool.....maybe they will have it rickenbacker............cant wait to see the stangs .......did you get any pics at langcaster? i would love to see that thnkx again maybe see u at ricbok..........mid