Five Mile Lake, Ontario

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by MZehring, Nov 30, 2008.

1. MZehring

MZehring Fish Crazy

Has anyone every been on a trip to Five Mile Lake near Chapleau, Ontario fishing?
    If so any information about the fishing would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

2. PontoonPappy

PontoonPappy retired, relaxin'

Haven't been to Five Mile Lake, but the lodge operator should be able to furnish references. Web site is fivemilelake.com.
    A great reference guide for Ontario lodges is the Ontario Outdoor Adventure Guide. You can order a free copy from their site, noto.net. More lakes in there than a person could fish in a lifetime.
    Hope you have a great Canadian fishing experience, regardless where you decide to go.

PPappy

3. MZehring

MZehring Fish Crazy

I was looking for an unbiased opinion from someone who has fished the lake.
    I feel that some lodge owners build the fishing and experience to what they want you to hear to sell you on coming.

4. Take Dustin up on his offer he's a straight shooter and has been there before, he'll give ya the skinny.

5. Went several times to 5 mile back in 70's early 80's.
    At that time and since, pike was overfished, so walleye is the main choice.
    I don't think the accomodations are that great and it seems a little pricey for what it is. They do have another lake called Goldie which I think they only allow a certain number of fisherman per year, so that might be better.
    I have also fished other places in that area (Chapleau) and all seem to have suffered the same fate...overfished.

6. MZehring

MZehring Fish Crazy

Goldie is where we are going. We will be there the 3rd week of June. I have heard the smallmouth and pike are awesome there.
    2 more months and we will see!