Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Troy Becker, who may be better known as Fishslim, will be the guest speaker at this Thursday’s MOWC meeting. Troy is well known for his saugeye angling prowess all over the state of Ohio. This will be a meeting you won’t want to miss if you want to improve your odds vs the elusive saugeye.

The meeting and club is free and open to anyone who would like to attend. There will be refreshments served and a tackle raffle.

When: Thursday (12/12/19) at 7PM
Where: Gormans Nature Center
2295 Lexington Ave.
Mansfield, OH 44907

·
Fishin-For-Fun
1,945 Posts
what is MOWC ?

before using an acronym, you should write out the entire thing - capitalize the letters used in the acronym, then put the acronym in () immediately after that. now you may freely use the acronym throughout your writing...

come on, get with the program. :^)

can't help it. just finished reading and grading college student's term papers in a computer science course. the acronym rule is one of my written rules to follow... but many still did not - and it cost them! ;^)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is MOWC ?

before using an acronym, you should write out the entire thing - capitalize the letters used in the acronym, then put the acronym in () immediately after that. now you may freely use the acronym throughout your writing...

can't help it. just finished reading and grading college student's term papers in a computer science course. the acronym rule is one of my written rules to follow... but many still did not - and it cost them! ;^)
Sorry
what is MOWC ?

Sorry Professor. You will have to Google it or come to the meeting.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I have a second...just so everyone knows (and hopefully is happy) MOWC stands for Mid-Ohio Walleye Club. The club was started by a local State of Ohio Conservation Officer in 2002 or so. I took over the “Presidential” duties somewhere around 2007 or 2008. Gormans Nature Center has graciously hosted us since the beginning. We have had speakers ranging from PWT, FLW, MWC, and NWT LEWT, WOWC Tournament winners (for those who follow Walleye tournament fishing) to tackle company presidents (Scott Stecher CEO of Reefrunner Tackle). Lake Erie Charter captains , marine boat dealers, ODNR Fisheries Biologists, and the list goes on. We certainly welcome new attendees. There are no fees or initiations to be endured. Just a bunch of guys that like to catch Sander Vitreous, especially on Lake Erie. Hope to see lots of new faces this evening.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Professional Walleye Tour (PWT)
Fishing League Worldwide (FLW)
Masters Walleye Circuit (MWC)
National Walleye Tour (NWT)
Lake Erie Walleye Trail (LEWT)
Western Ohio Walleye Club (WOWC)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts