close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishingtiger's 1st Actual Carp Trip!

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by tpet96, May 22, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Well.....took Fishingtiger out to Buckeye today to do a little carping. The morning started off slow.......but it picked up. I believe he landed 4 fish or so, and had a couple break off. MisoOhio and Carpless joined us on the bank. Miso left early, and Carpless and I ended up being the last to leave. Mike had a few fish. I managed 12 in the time I was there, with 2 hook pulls. All on maize. Nothing fancy. Just got a swim going and that was it. It was good fishing with you today FT! We'll hook up again soon for some CFD action, and some stream smallie fishin' like we talked about :)

PS: I'll get the pics posted when Miso get's back from the dirt track :)

2. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

We have another cult...I mean CAG member? :D :D

3. I had a great time. Landing them things wasn't as hard as everyone said it was. Well until they got close to the bank and then tried to take off again. I think I actually landed 2 or 3 and lost 2. I almost took out carpless and MisoOhio when one of the carps spit the hook at me while I was applying pressure with the pole. That Euro gear is something different. Heck carp gear is something different. Thanks for showing me the ropes. I wouldn't say I am new cult member just yet. I am just visiting the group.

Here's my first carp of the day.
    [​IMG]

Shawn's mirror??? carp
    [​IMG]

Thanks again.

fishintiger

4. Great job guys...and nice looking mirror. I always like fishing that area, and would have been out there to join you all today had i not already had other plans.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Looks like a good day, thats a nice mirror you got there Shawn.

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Tiger,

The fishing was pretty fast around 2:00 or so. The wind picked up and found my pile of chum. :D I had a double run. Both alarms started screaming at the same time. Carpless took one of them and I landed the other. When we hit the "Top Secret Lake CFD", you'll be hooked ;)

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

That mirror was awesome. Miso has a pic to post yet of it. HOpefully it isn't dark. I wanted a water shot with it, and the sun was to my back. We'll see :(