Fishing's "bucket list"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Garyoutlaw77, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

Funny how quick life can change and your left scratching your noggin wondering.. why I never went here or fished for that..
    So the question I ask fella's what Fish make your "bucket list" before you croak ?

Stergeon Yellowfin Tuna
    Gator Gar Goliath Grouper
    King Salmon Halibut
    Marlin White Shark

I could think of a Dz. more exotics but this is my start - whats yours ?

2. Pargo, Roosterfish, Dogtooth Tuna, Giant Trevally, 10+LB Peacock Bass, Permit, black marlin

3. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

DONT KICK IT..........Tried that almost 3 years ago.......for now, I like it on this side of the grass,,,,,, For all of you that respond to this thread......"LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST"......catch fish (big or small) dream Big....... and "DO" take those trips.......and make those memories.............The strings of life are thinner that you ever know until it's almost to late.......SO DREAM ON...........let's see.......a 40# muskie on medium spinning tackle......oh yes, did that and finally lost him at the boat ........ oh well, Guess I'll have to think up another one later......good fishin guys............Jon Sr.

4. I like dKilla's list, but need to add a 50# striper and an arctic char. By all means, get out there and take those trips while you can.

5. probably just catch a huge peacock bass, them things look awesome.

6. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

A #13 walleye, #14 lg mouth and a big flounder!

7. My "bucket list" is more of a "where" than a "what". Before I kick it I want to fish for walleyes in these places:

1) Upper Missouri River system impoundments trip-Ft. Peck, Sakakawea, Oahe, Francis Case, Lewis & Clark.

2) Green Bay/Bays De Noc

3) Bay of Quinte

4) Columbia River System

5) Devils Lake

Tim

8. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

only thing on my list is a 40 inch pike or muskie

9. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

200#+ halibut from somewhere in alaska..now THAT would fill the freezer:p

10. Coot

Coot It's all about the doin'

20+ lb brown trout

45" muskie

18" crappie

8lb smallie

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  11. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

EZ Lets go, I'll drive! I have to get up there some day and toss buzz baits in Western Alaska for 50" Pike and 40# Sheelfish. If you never heard of Sheelfish look em up. They call them fresh water Tarpon. Gotta catch some.

12. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

I'd like to do a fly-in fishing trip in far North Canada for a week. Fishing for Walleye and Pike with my best friends and family. One big cabin, Fishing all day, cards at night, good eats, good times.

13. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Stripers in Maine, steelhead in Washington, tarpon in the Keys, Alaskan salmon, and getting into a school of mackeral in South Carolina. All on a fly rod.

14. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Ditto, you hit the head on the nail, EZ...! ;)

15. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I forgot my best one, it's a where type thing as compared to a what. I'd love to get 3-5 guys together and go to MN in the middle of winter in one of those self contained fishing trailers. Sleeps 4-12, get up in the middle of the night to piss and ya check your lines and rebait, get woke up at 3am because you've got a fish on...I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. In the next few years, I'm on for a trip that way!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  16. Greenland, icefishing for sharks.

17. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

swantucky.........I guess you are in reference to something I read.....that was about ice fishing for those "GIANT SHARKS" that just damn well could pull you right down after them........Don't remember the exact size(weight) but do remember they were "MONSTERS"......... Jon SR.

18. I am almost 58 and I am glad I still take several trips a year hunting and fishing with my close and long time friends. I see too many of my old friends doing nothing it is like they are waiting to die. I was not able to start my trip today due to road conditions but my plan is to leave Sunday at 9:30AM for Tn. fishing four days. It may not be the trip of a life time but it is time for a trip with friends and making memories. It is no longer about how many of or what I catch or kill, it is the trip and friends and memories and just making sure you are living life and not just living. Don't you just love Misfits signature.

19. stand up fishing for giant tuna:B !!!! then just cut up the fish as soon as it hits the deck of the boat and eat some fresh sushi!! oh yea and my lifetime hunt for a yardstick"36in" walleye.

P.S. Ooo yes it will be mine!!!

20. I would love to try fly fishing out west in mountains. I have never been out there, but have heard about how beautiful it is!