Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Honorary Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing a couple mornings ago to a pond I fish. I was greeted by a hen turkey and her 5 babies. She either was extremely curious of what I was doing or she wasn't the sharpest bird in the flock. She came within 8-10 feet from me on 3 occasions. The last time she must of got startled and they flew away. I was able to get a few pictures. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1377730685.548598.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1377730842.763393.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1377730867.291889.jpg

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have fished with Jack Daniels before..

C'mon, somebody had to say it, lol.

Went fishing a couple mornings ago to a pond I fish. I was greeted by a hen turkey and her 5 babies. She either was extremely curious of what I was doing or she wasn't the sharpest bird in the flock. She came within 8-10 feet from me on 3 occasions. The last time she must of got startled and they flew away. I was able to get a few pictures. View attachment 82191 View attachment 82192 View attachment 82193

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Biggest Member
408 Posts
That's cool! I assume that's in Miami County somewhere? (not trying to sneak in your pond, just glad to see some reproducing here.)

Haven't seen one since last year down near Northwoods Blvd along I-75.

·
Honorary Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's cool! I assume that's in Miami County somewhere? (not trying to sneak in your pond, just glad to see some reproducing here.)

Haven't seen one since last year down near Northwoods Blvd along I-75.
Yes it was in Miami County. Matter of fact is was only a couple miles from Northwoods Blvd.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
I had a real bad night on wild turkey one time and I swore it would be my last! And gwolly I haven't touched it since!

Was Turkey Lurkey you found there!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I went to Wild Turkey distillery in KY, they had a good looking operation but I'm not the biggest fan of their product myself :D On a serious note a few weeks ago I saw a whole bunch of wild turkeys up in Mt Airy Forest in Cincinnati. I have never seen one in the city before, then I see like 20 of them all at once. Weird!

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
I went to Wild Turkey distillery in KY, they had a good looking operation but I'm not the biggest fan of their product myself :D On a serious note a few weeks ago I saw a whole bunch of wild turkeys up in Mt Airy Forest in Cincinnati. I have never seen one in the city before, then I see like 20 of them all at once. Weird!
They heard if you move into the city you get free food and free housing.

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
Great pics, added critters are always a fishing bonus. I always look for osprey and king fisher when out on CC.

Usually Jim, Jack or George come along with me when I fish. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts