close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing was smoking hot on Alum tonight

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishslim, May 23, 2007.

1. Wow i am tired was best night of spring by far! Had father and son-in-law with me. Started out playing around about 5:30 on some points on east side south of Cheshire baitfish are up and schooling and smallmouth and largemouth were chasing them everywhere we just pitched chartruese jig and reeled it just under surface and plowed Smallies some were only 12" or so but 4-5 were nice pound to 2 pound fish. Guys were bass fishing around us but farther out deeper we were only in 7-8 foot of water with boat and shallower. Well forgot something in truck so left that and after pitstop went all over west side of alum north of cheshire and it was nonstop action we caught about 13 saugeyes all in 2-4 foot water in by shoreline behind the crappies we were catching no bite close to shore slow reel it back to boat and crappies were all over it. Still ton of small males but this time some nice females mixed in we kept about 30 crappie 7 saugeyes 3 were around 18" 2 were right at 17" and 2 dinks that swallowed hook to deep and were bleeding bad so i kept them. Oh yeah finally hit another muskie not big only about 20" but what a water dancer. Throw in a snagged 30" plus carp and as i said wow i am tuckered out. But ready to go back. All were caught on 1/8th ounce jig and green or chartruese 3" tail. Heres a picture of what the guys left for me for a fry saturday ready to chow!!;) It was a awesome night out would have loved to stayed out and fished for eyes i think they were waiting to be caught. First real night they have been real active shallow and not just in one spot but allover. Hope weather holds out this weekend and if you get out there be careful and SET THE HOOK HARD AND FIGHT THEM SLOW!!:D

Attached Files:

2. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

sounds like you had a good time.

3. Sounds like thats where I should have took my son, we didnt do bad where we went but nothing to brag about.

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

what a night troy!! jeeze i am ready for that kind of action!
    keep it up and remember to always..set the hook hard:B

5. Girl With A Pole

Girl With A Pole Shakes Favorite Problem

6. NewbreedFishing

I tried to tell ya :confused:
    actually, the answer was sitting your own office.;)

not knocking your fishing abilities cassy, so please dont take this the wrong way. may not be a bad idea to let shakedown be your magic 8 ball for some of your fishing descisions. he might just be accurate 45% of the time:D

good luck tonight.....magic 8 ball says 'THE OUTCOME WILL BE POSITIVE'

7. Girl With A Pole

i listen to shake... and 45% might have decreased after the amount of brain cells he killed last night trying to be cool like me and reliving his youth... sounds like the little guy drank to much... and then couldnt man up and make it to work on time., and hes not in my office, hes in a diffrent building... thank god, or else we would get into way to many problems i bet (mostly involving drinking on lunch breaks)

i do listen to him, but little did i know,boyfriend and hsi brother in law allready made up their minds to go hoover. and as everyone knows - chicks are inferior- so i had to go with the flow.

but im hitting up alum tonight, with or with out company.

and my cabin tomorrow,
    so look out for pics. because i bought a new digi on my lunch break.

score

8. NewbreedFishing

uggggh! ahhh give him a break. us old folk need to be reminded every so often of what fun is.

poor dude has been slow on answering PM's today.
    maybe he is sleeping somewhere in the server room:p

give em hell cassy and show us some fish with that new cam.

9. Girl With A Pole

poor ole' men...

maybe some day we will have a "trash brandon in person during happy hour while talking about fishing" night after work....

u can give me fishing tips, and ill help make yah old farts feel young again,

as long as brandon doesnt get "buck wild" as he so put it... it doesnt sound like a pretty sight

10. The "buck-wild" Brandon is pretty funny to watch. I've seen it a couple times. Sort of like a Dr. Jekyll/Mrs. Hyde type deal...

It's the next day on th eboat in the hot sun you need to be careful of...:C

11. Hey Brandon i am concerned for you. I think from all these posts you are the one with a stalker!!:D ;)