close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Vacations

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I stumbled across this great site for Fishing/Hunting Vacations.
    http://www.wheretofish.com
    I bet we could get a group rate of a bunch of us OGFers could settle on a date. :)
    Oh yes.... a Peacock Bass fishing trip sounds extremely appealing... Don't ya think? :D
    Did any of you see the Peacock Bass Tourny on BASS Saturday?
    If anyone knows of any great fishing/adventure vacations... please share!
    [​IMG]
    I dream about catching a fish as big and beautiful as this Peacock Bass! (caught in the Amazon River)

2. I seen it saturday.

Take a trip to AEP lands. Tons and tons of places to fish and best of all it is all FREE!!!!

3. catking

catking Banned

Yep, saw the bassin on B.A.S.S this past weekend . I would love to go and do this, but the good old USA has way to many areas I haven't seen as of yet..... The Red River is next on my list , heading to Tennessee this April for stripers. Probably do Musky also this year at Buckhorn Lake in KY.... THE CATKING !!!

4. I have a bunch of places i'd like to spend a week or more fishing. A few of them are:

2 Lakes I never get tired of are local: Chautauqua Lake in New York and Lake Erie.

A little further in distance....

Guntersville Lake in Alabama
    St. Johns River in Florida
    Lake Okachobee in Florida
    Santee Cooper (going there again in March)
    Dale Hollow
    Kentucky Lake
    Lake Norman
    Lake Wateree
    Lake Murray
    Lake Jocassee
    Castaic in California
    New Mexico for some LGMouth Bass
    Peacock bass would be fun too.....

The list goes on and on....I'd enjoy hitting any of these lakes during spawn, prespawn or fall.

5. I saw that show with the peacock bass also and those things look awsome!

6. They Have A Few Peacock Bass In Florida Now...

7. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Ummm... Bill.... Can you please be a bit more specific? :D :D :D

8. there is a guide service out of miami offering peacock bass trips

9. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i see people catch them in the canals in west miami.. and further up north in ft lauderdale..

10. Hawg Walleye, BIG Smallmouth, Jumbo Perch, Super size Sheephead, Large Whitebass and an abundance of Good size Steelhead. Anybody want to guess where? :confused:

11. shshssss
    Ron gezzzzus
    what ya tryn to do give dat precious spot up??? :eek:

12. Lets not foget the GOBIES :D :D :D :D ....JIM

13. Ron, Your backyard doesn't count....that's not a vacation but it sure is a pretty great place to fish!

14. I Think A Lot Of People Leave Town To Fish Just To Get Away From It All..when I Had My Business I Had To Leave Town For Vacation...my Phone Would Ring And I Felt Obligated To Answer It......

15. lol, I agree Argee! Luckily my cell phone is a nextel and I can just go down to where I grew up in SE Ohio and it doesn't work!

16. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Virgina, be it smallies or giant blue cats. The state has most certainly captivated me. If somehow, someway I ever have to move to Virgina, I'll never think twice.