close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing trip?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joerugz, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Ok, I've been going crazy with no luck deer hunting the late season. The ice is still a week or two away, and we're a few months away from smelling spring......BUT, this time each year I fantisize about the perfect fishing vacation.

I last went to Canada 8 years ago with not much luck (near Sudbury). I have been wondering how a fly in trip would be way up north. But now with the x-change and the gas prices, I don't know if it would be worth it. I've been to the salmon run in MI (limited luck). Been to the Maumee early last spring (no luck).

A part of me, (and this is were I would love some advice,) is wondering if I should stay in my own back yard. If I saved the money I could buy a better pontoon,(like a Trout Unlimited with a motor mount) or upgrade the row boat.
    I just care about having fun catching fish...any kind!

I'm planning a trip down to AEP. I'm thinking about making this trip "my vacation". Spending a week wondering the ponds and lakes with a toon and a float tube. Hows the fishing down there? Can one spend a week down there and have fun? Are there any hotels if I decide to take the wife? Are there nearby towns she could shop in?
    Or should I just pitch my tent and sleep in my van?