close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing trip or Comedy??

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Jul 19, 2007.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Well steve and i went out to the river last night to try and get some flatheads before i leave on saturday. We got there around 5:30 and while we waited to until about 9 to put the cat rods out we were just messing around catching green sunfish and pumpkinseeds on wax worms. Steve looks at me and says hey theres one of our shad. the little guy had swam through a little opening we had duck taped in the bucket. That was the first one, later we were sitting there fishing when we heard a clank then another. We watched a green sunfish around 5 inches long jump up from inside the bait bucket knocked the latch loose and landed in the river, meanwhile the top fell back and relatched. We started laughing at what we just saw. We had to put a rock on the top so no more could get out. The jokes and everything stopped and we began to fish, we were hoping it would rain because we feel the low water and poor oxygen conditions is slowing the bite. WEll it didnt until about midnight, i had just walked my girlfriend back to here car (which by the way she was the only one to get a run) and i came back and started talking to steve. I thought i had a clicker take off from about 10 feet away. So i walked up to it and there was nothing. Then it happened. I heard the rain and then saw it, i went into a full sprint towards steve yelling, " ITS COMING". You could see the wall of rain coming from up stream. I put on my rain jacket quickly only to realize i put it on inside out. A minute later when i finally realized it was inside out after failing to zip it up a number of times i was already wet. It was a funny night, too bad the fishing was terrible:p

2. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

It was quit comical watching you trying to get your jacket zipped while it was inside out. But if you guys could have seen the wall of rain coming right at us. we just stood there watching this line of thunder storms slap us silly. We have both fished in rain and storms but I get a little worried when I saw a bolt of lightning look like it hit the bank about 100 yards away down river. I looked at Nate and he said"that one hit the ground" and that was just about when we starting getting our stuff and heading to the truck

3. i was wondering if u guys was still out there, that was one heck of a lightning storm, o and i wanna see the pic of the monter bass u caught LOL LOL:D

4. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

yeah he was a brute a whopping 2 inches:D :B

5. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

that thing put up one heck of a fight....