close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fishing tournaments?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by xmatthewx, Aug 13, 2007.

1. xmatthewx

xmatthewx facebook.com/xmsdx8

does anyone know of any fishing tournaments withing a couple hours of the dayton area, that you might not need a boat to enter, or, even ones that you do need a boat. i would just like to enter a tournament sometime soon. so any information would help. thanks.

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

August 25th at Atwood Lake we are having an Open catfish tourney. Bankfishing is permitted.

3. what kindof tourney
    bass crappie cat?

4. xmatthewx

mainly bass and catfish tournaments are what i'm wanting to know about.

5. Rei Lakes is having a tournament labor day weekend - it's a cat tourney but there will also be a kid's tourney for about 4-5 hours at some point. I don't have a lot of details - only know about this one because I do some work on their website.

I was at the last tournament and I saw a 45lb cat come out during that weekend, and I saw lots of 5-10 lb'ers.

There are no details on their site yet but their contact info is out there http://www.reilakes.com

Bill

6. I have more info on that Rei tourney:

The date is September 1st and the tourney starts at 7pm. The event ends at 7am on the 3rd.

Cost is $24 to enter in advance, and $28 on the day of the tournament. Kids tournament is $8 to enter. You don't need to participate in the big tourney to enter your kids in the kids tournament.

1st and 2nd Prizes will be awarded for largest bass and largest cat. In addition, there will be 1st and 2nd prizes for total poundage for bass and cats.

There will be a special kids tourney that will run from 1-5 pm on the 9/2. All kids who enter will receive a t-shirt. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for number of fish caught.

They have a bait shop, and there will be food and refreshments available.

Camping is free for all entrants.

Last tourney I took the kids and camped & fished for 2 days and we had a blast.

I'll keep the website updated with details and pics as they come in.

Look me up if you come (Bill) and we'll share fishing lies (ehem..stories).

Bill

7. xmatthewx

thanks for the information... i'm sure i'll be heading up there. i don't know for sure yet, but, i most likely will. are there going to be boats on the water, or is this a tournament from the bank?

8. This tourney is from the banks

9. xmatthewx

that sounds good to me.