close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing the Tusc.

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rockbass, Sep 28, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I am thinking of fishing the Tusc this afternoon for smallies and/or saugeyes. Anyone else going or want to try it out?

2. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

you should have posted earlier. i fished by the dover sewage plant for a little bit this morning, got nothing.

3. Haven't got to hit the Tusc. since it started flooding and we last talked.
    My power went out that day and my pond turned into a 24 hour spillover dam. :eek: Let us know how you did.

4. I fished the tusc. today and caught 3 smallmouth

5. Any size to the smallies ?

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I ended up just fishing for about 20 minutes down here by Gnaden. I had one hit on spinnerbait and that was it!

sauguy- I would have posted sooner, but it was about 330 and I decided I would fish for a few minutes. I almost went up to the poop plant, but just stayed down here!

Yeah, how big were the smallies?

Did the water wash away any of your dam Action?? or any fish? :eek:

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i dont know how anyone is fishing the tusc. right now. it seems to be really swift and almost impossible to fish right now, guess ive got alot to learn LOL. fishing should be awesome for the saugeye when the water drops alittle more.

8. the smallies were 9 , 12 , and 13 inches

9. I like throwing big heavy chartruse spinnerbaits with the same color trailer for the smallies when its up. Trhow upstream and keep a snug line as it rolls down. Has worked in the past.

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

The water is up and running fast, but you have to fish the areas that hold the fish. My guess is out of the real fast stuff. Closer to shore!

Thanks for the tip Action..... The spinnerbait I was using had a blue, yellow, and chartreuse skirt. I left all my home made ones at home, so I was limited on choices!

I am planning on going cattin Friday night if anyone wants to go. I am not sure of where yet though! I am going to post in the Trade a Trip section. Hope someone wants to go!