Fishing the GMR This weekend

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingfoolBG, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Hello eveyone, i was planning on coming home this weekend (26&27) to waynesville ohio. I drive the boring trip down 75 and pass the GMR everytime. This time i would like to stop off ant try some smallie action.

I plan on stoping somewhere in bewteen troy and tipp city, would this be a good idea?

If anyone had anyone general information on public acces to fish. I am not familiar with the river so any information would be great. I plan on bring my waders along so any information on section of the river that are wadable would be appreciated.
    Thanks agian, FishingFoolBG

2. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Between tipp and troy would not be my first pick unless you know it already. Try somewhere in downtown dayton,almost anywhere. Decent #'s of crappie in the slower sections as well as a pike or two and smallies on the current breaks/seams. Fsih are close to shore right now and looking for bait. I did well last nt using minnow imitations from 2 1/2-3 1/2" in natural colors,TC1