close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing the Deer Creek Outing - PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Jun 21, 2005.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

In lieu of having the pot tournament at the outing this Saturday, we've decided to designated the morning as a "fun fishing" period, with a free Shimano Magnalite 5'6" spinning rod giveaway courtesy Mary's Bait and Tackle.

To enter this free drawing, all you need to do is show up at Mary's Bait and Tackle between 7:30 am and 2:00pm the day of the event, and drop your name/ OGF username in the raffle bucket. Only one entry per person, and non-OGF members must be with an OGF member to participate. The winner will be drawn at the cookout which starts at 2:30pm behind the spillway.

Thanks, good luck, and we'll see you this Saturday!

[size=-1]Marys Bait Shop
    [/size][size=-1]4741 State Route 207 NE
    Washington Court House
    [/size][size=-1](740) 869-3597[/size]​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks for saving me some money,shake :D
    since i've never fished the lake,i was gonna enter all pots,and hope for a miracle :rolleyes: ;)
    since a couple of us are twice as old as most,can we enter the drawing twice? :p

4. ShakeDown

I think we're saving us all a few bucks ;)

Twice as old? That means you have had twice the amount of time to accumulate gear :D

5. Hey Shake...if I can just make one little correction. I know our address gets messed up in alot of listings, so just to save any confusion, our address is:

4741 State Route 207 NE
    Washington Court House

The phone number is correct. It's one of those deals where we have a Mt Sterling phone # and a Courthouse address. Go figure! :confused:

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i'm sure my wife would gadly confirm your opinion :rolleyes: ;)
    i decided to accompany her last weekend,on her yard saling venture.the least i could do,since it was our anniversary :D
    well,lucky me.i found a great deal on 2 more baitcasting rigs.when she came back and saw the car and gave me one of these :rolleyes: i just said "happy anniversary to me,from me" :D

7. ShakeDown

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do Rick :D

Correction noted WQ. Thanks for the heads up!

8. Hey this sounds like a great idea, just a fun day of fishing! This is just what I need after working over 70 hours a week the last few weeks. Thanks for the prize Queen! That is great.

9. This is a great idea, Shake.....maybe we should also have a door prize for the person who catches the biggest fish.....just a thought.

Darryl

10. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Thanks WormQueen,
    I have a question for you. I'll be at the campgrounds for the weekend and I'll have my boat with me, I've never been to Deer Creek before, So, Here's my question....
    Will I be able to get from the campgrounds to your bait store by water? Can I go from the bait store to the Picnic area (Buck shelter) by water? After putting my boat in at the ramp, Can I just leave it in the water all weekend and not have to use the car to drive around from the dam to the camp or to the bait store???

11. Capt...As much as I'd love to be able to say yes you can get everywhere by boat, I'm afraid things just aren't set up that way. The shelter for the outing is at the dam, but it's on the land side with the spillway, not the lake side. The lake is surrounded by pretty high cliffs. There are 2 boat ramps, one off of 207, near the marina, about a mile south of us. The other is over by the Harding cabin, on the other side of the lake. It is much steeper. I don't know if you can work something out with the marina for weekend dockage, but it might be worth checking into. Otherwise I'm afraid it's going to be a matter of launching when you're ready to roll and taking it back out when you're done. You're going to need your car no matter what. Here is the link for the map of the lake. Hope it works. Let me know if you have more questions. And thanks Lundy for the map to our shop. Maybe I can tattoo it on my head with the words, "If lost, return to..." :D

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/lakemaps/Central Ohio/5 Deer Creek Lake Map.pdf

12. Capt.Muskey

Thanks for the info Queen, See ya Friday. I'll be the guy with the 6 year old daughter who wants to be a fisherman ;) you can't miss us.

13. I just checked with the campground office, and right now they only have 6 spots plus a few walkins available for Friday and Saturday. She said the walkins would probably be gone by Saturday. Better make plans now if you want to grab one of the spots!

You're very welcome Capt. See ya Friday!

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:confused: what's that all about,son?
    have you been hiding one from me?why wouldn't you tell your pops about this?fine way for me to find out.and kinda late too:mad: :rolleyes: ;)

15. Capt.Muskey

Oh, There are a few more I'll need to explain when I see you.(after you sit down);)

16. They All Filled Up?
    Sure glad I got spot #41,, 2 weeks ago.
    Stop in and say hey guys.
    There will be myself, my wife, and Chippawawa there late friday afternoon.

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:eek: :eek:
    OH NO!!!!maybe instead of sitting down, i'll need shari's couch :rolleyes: ;)
    geeze,you know i have a heart condition.
    i knew i shouldn't have let you date till you were at least 50 :rolleyes:

18. WormQueen,
    I was just wondering if I would be able to get into any smallies by fishing the creeks above the lake or farther down the spillway? Would love to try for them if they're around! Thanks for any info!

19. We haven't heard too much about smallies here lately. Have seen some largemouth, but the main thing has been crappie and catfish. Without question, there have been more flatheads caught this year than I've seen since I've lived down here. Lots of channel cats too. Wish I could be more help.