Fishing the bac side of a Cold Front

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by obrien040362, Sep 15, 2007.

1. obrien040362

obrien040362 figure 8

I understand history show the bite is off on the backside of a cold front and bite is better on the front side.

I understand a cold front has just moved through the CC area so "IF" you were scheduling your fishing trip around this cold front how many day should you wait.

2. obrien040362

obrien040362 figure 8

3. JBJ

JBJ

That is an interesting article and does get the brain working. The way I look at it, any time I can be out fishing is "good" and the more knowledge I can acquire to make changes to improve my hook-up ratio is a plus. I don't care what the conditions are, if I have found some time to fish I'm going to fish.

4. I'll second that!

5. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

Amen to that JBJ!

I went out Thursday morning after a cold front and the fish definitely were not biting. I still managed a few shorts, but much slower than usual. By Friday, they were biting again.

I'll be out early Sunday hopefully the fisheys will be feeding!

6. JBJ

JBJ

I wish I was getting out that soon. Work and other stuff will keep me off the water till Wednesday it looks like.

7. the bite was none at all last night. twinn bridges boat dropped off into dry creek bed. a bad day fishing is a good day at work.

8. the bite was on at the big o today

9. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

Caught a few bass before the sun came up this morning. A few more after 7:00am. Good old jig seemed to work best, but they still weren't feeding like I had hoped.

10. I recently fished both sides of the cold front at CC. Fished the same spot, same time of night. Thursday night caught upwards of 30 crappie in about 1.5 hrs, with many being good size (the 9" size limit is beginning to pay off). Fish were very aggresive, didn't matter what type of presentation. Fished again last night (Sunday) and the crappie were less aggressive, but once I figured out the pattern (downsized) the numbers and size were still there, the bite was very light, more like just some pressure on the end of my line, but all in all, both nights were productive, just have to adapt your presentation to the conditions.