Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone want to go out and do a bit of fishing Sunday morning? Thinking about going out early and getting back home by noon.

Anyone? I could be persuaded to take the boat out to Portage Lakes or maybe west branch. I'm thinking I'll probably fish the Hoga though. Doesn't matter for what.

Nick

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Just gonna wade the Hoga? What part? What target species? I could be persuaded! Call if you wanna.

Huntinbull

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give ya call in a bit HuntinBull. I have no idea what I'm planning on doing in the hoga. No waders so it would be bank fishing. No idea where. No idea for what. I was going to search for some spots listed on the site that might be a good spot to start. Heard something about Cascade being decent for smallies. Might give that a go.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
(Best Pancho Villa imitation)Waders? We don't need no stinkin' waders! Old tennis shoes and cutoffs. a fanny pack for some gear and a rod and reel. If the Cuyahoga hasn't distorted my genomes or killed me yet it ain't gonna!

Huntinbull

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool because I was gona say I would just walk out there in some shorts and tennis shoes but didn't want to be a loner!

Give me a call if you can't make it. I think I'm going regardless. Gonna slap a bookbag together with some stuff in it and go from there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GREAT time huntibull! What a blast. Caught a bit of everthing. LOTS of smaller smallies. I managed to pull in around a 12"-13" smallie but didn't get a picture since i was holding it like a pansy and it got away before I could get a picture. :D

Got to see a water snake eating a fish too! Boy was that a treat after I almost stepped on him!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts