close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Sunday and today

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by traphunter, Dec 13, 2004.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Got to Stonelick yesterday a little after dawn, stayed untill about 12:30pm and we only got 1 trout and it was snagged at that. I only saw 1 other fish caught and it was a crappie. Oh well, we headed over to Paint Creek after that and fished for a couple hours and between the 2 of us we got around 17 saugeye. We released them all back to grow some more.

Went out this afternoon to my familys pond and we got around 8 crappie, 1 saugeye, and 1 nice bass, all of which were also released. It wasnt a bad couple days to be out fishing, but then again, when is it a bad time to go fishing?lol :p :)

2. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Hey thanks for the report,

sounds like you did have a great couple days of fishing. I take most of the Saugeyes from Paint were small? I'm thinking of hitting either Paint or Stonelick on Saturday. It sounds like Paint is fairly hot right now.

3. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Yes all the saugeyes we caught Sunday were pretty small mayby around 8-10 inches. I have only caught a few descent sized saugeye out of paint creek but I have seen some nice ones caught out of there. I might be there this weekend also, if I go I will probably be there before sunrise, Ill be the one catching the fish in the camo coat. :D :)

4. Hey Traphunter, were you fishing the spillway at Paint Creek? I've still got a few weeks left of Christmas break and would love to get a few eyes for the skillet. Congrats on the fine two days, I'm kind of jealous!

5. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Yes we walked around to the other side of the spillway where it was a little calmer. :)