close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Spots in Pyma?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Gabmstr, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Hey Guys! I'm staying here in Pyma this week and my kids and I were interested in finding a nice place to go to shore fish. I don't have the boat and there are 3 of us. Does anyone know of how to get to or where to go to find a nice place to shore fish? I am originally from Akron and I am not familiar with this place. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Debi

2. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

If you have a PA license, go fish the jamestown livery docks. Dont know if he still charges 5 bucks but the fishing more than made up for that charge. If you dont have the PA, then fish the bridge at the causeway.

3. Stay on the Ohio side North of the Causeway. You will see an access road to your right about 3/4 of a mile up the road. If you see Holiday Campgrounds, you went to far. We call it the long bay back there. Good Crappie and Gill fishing.
    ________
    BUY EXTREME VAPORIZER

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  4. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

If you are staying at the Ohio Campgrounds go by the boat launch area. There is a nice wall to fish from.

5. There is also boat rental w/ motor at the Jamestown livery......its in the PA side of the park off 322....

steely123

6. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I thought you could have either Ohio or PA licence? Or do you need a PA licence to shore fish on the PA side? In a boat either licence will work? Didn't think of that.

7. You need a PA. license to fish from shore in Pa. or any Island.

THere are also two boat rentals in Ohio_One right near the campgrounds and one on the north end.Pretty cheap $25 for the first two hours and $10 every additional hour.And as chaunc said at the causeway,easy access for smaller kids and you can always catch something.

8. I am staying in Holiday Camplands right now. My father lives up here and my kids and I are staying here because he was just released from the hospital and needs someone to take care of him. I'm Ok to go for a short time and I wanted to take the kids to the famous Pymatuning Lake. They've heard so much about it. I'm going to try to find that road. If I can't, I saw a little cove right on the corner of Lake Road and the causway road. Thank you so much. It's been 20+ years since I've been here and I didn't fish back then.
    Debi

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

what do you want to fish for? you can always catch carp and cats on corn and bread...just watch the rods!

10. We went out last night for a couple hours and we went to the cove on the corner. My son, 12, caught a 26.5" channel cat. His face just lit up. I loved it. We also caught 7 perch and a couple blue gills. We had fun. I have a pic of him with his catch on my cel phone and when I get home and load it up, I'll post it. We went out tonight for a couple hours and only got a couple little mud cats and 2 perch. We lost power here for a while and there was nothing for anyone to do so we went out. The whole town was out. My son said, "Mom, I like this lake! I like it alot!" I'm not sure how long we will be here but I'm sure we'll hit it again this weekend. The boat is at home so we are only shore bound. I'll post any other fishing excursions we have as we go.