close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fishing rod holder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by angelus40, Aug 16, 2005.

1. i'm looking for two rod holders i can put in the ground i have a 7' and an 8'
    surf pole

2. I bought a couple when I was in the Carolinas a few years back and all they are is a piece of molded p.v.c. I would just go to Home Depot and buy a couple of pieces that your rod butts will fit into about 3' long and cut the bottom at an angle to jam into the sand. No matter what you use if you are fishing the ocean you need to keep a close eye on your rods if you want to keep them....you never know what is gonna grab your bait and take off with your gear!!!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

4. The one on the left does not look very high tech ;) :D

5. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

What do you mean, I'm sure its made out of titanium alloy

6. Hey I think I have a few of those at home!:D

7. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Check Wacker Baits for banksticks.

Just click "Tackle" from the left menu and then select "Rod Pods & Banksticks" from the right.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

THose ones that Jack has (the heavy duty) are the best I've ever seen. I can honestly say that I would not sell mine for $100.

9. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i have one of these its bigger than it looks props up my 2 7 ft. cat poles and holds my colman lantern...around $10 at BassPro called a bank buddy

Attached Files:

10. i've seen those there

11. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Here's mine. Not big enough for surf rods but good for carp and cats.[​IMG]

Angle them towards you at a 45 degee angle. When the fish pulls on you line it locks the rod into place (thanks Husky)

[​IMG]

12. lewzer where'd you get that at?

13. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

A friend of mine uses two of those and bought them at the Dick's on Mason-Montgomery Road. He uses them for carp and tries to keep the angle as close to parallel as possible with the drag backed way off to allow for a run.

14. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Kame's and Dick's carries them. About $12.00.

I leave the drag tight and the reel engaged. The carp especially yank hard on the rod but it holds them in place very well. Never lost a rod using them yet.
    The only drawback is they need pushed into the ground about 8-10". Doesn't work very good on a concrete dam, pier or rip rap has been placed on the shore.

Sorry-Kame's is a NE Ohio local store. Go to Dick's or a local baitstore.

They worked well last night carp fishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. you think they'll work for a 7 and 8 ft pole?

16. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

It would depend on the diameter of your rod handle not the length of your rod.:p

If your rod fits easily into the holder or more importantly comes out of the holder easily when you have a fish on-they should work fine.

17. I am a retired welder and seen a need for a pole holder when I lost my rig so I designed one. If I knew how to put a pic on here I would but I don't know how. I have sold a couple hundred in the portage lakes area and everyone that has them like them. The shaft is 1/2 cold rolled round rod and the knee is 3/8 and the frount craddle is 5/16. The knee is made to step on or pound into the ground. I put a picture of a couple of my holders in the photo gallery if you would like to take a look at one.