Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have fished this limited area a few times. Only catching a single three inch bass prior to today. I got out to the water around 7:00am and fished until about 9:00am without getting a bite. Absolutely frustrated I decided to bite the bullet and walk the half mile to the next available spot. My first cast I pulled in my first Ohio white bass! Super pumped I kept on, and I found them. Using a 1/4oz jig head and a grey and white grub I was able to pull out close to thirty white bass. I haven’t had such a fun time fishing in a long time. I did keep some to eat tonight and they were as rewarding as they were delicious. Hope everyone is doing well. Tight lines!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Enjoy Your dinner and thanks for your report.
This is shaping up to be an epic wh-bss run, numbers along with size, in the lower lmr have been increasing almost daily and a little precipitation should really help
Crappie action has been above average also Imo.
Good luck and good fishing

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Hitting a school of white bass is always a hoot. Glad you got 'em!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy Your dinner and thanks for your report.
This is shaping up to be an epic wh-bss run, numbers along with size, in the lower lmr have been increasing almost daily and a little precipitation should really help
Crappie action has been above average also Imo.
Good luck and good fishing
Well I kinda took your advice and figured the rain would push some females up. So I went out this morning. And I found the females.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Those are nice ones, congrats.
Should be a few good weeks upcoming if the weather cooperates. I'm a little nervous about the late day Sat forecast , maybe some heavier rain. Get-em while you can ;)
good luck and good fishing

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
How far up the LMR do the white bass run? Is it just inside 275?
It's pretty rare for me to catch good numbers above the confluence of the E-frk.
Armlender park (area ) is a good place to start and work up or down river depending on water levels and water temps/spawning activity.
Good luck and good fishing !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts