close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing proposal

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jeffgummy, Jul 1, 2007.

1. I am fairly new to the Grove City area and I would love to find some places that I go close to home down here. I would love to find a few quarries or out of the way places that I could fish in my float tube. I would be willing to trade some aep info for info on some spots on the south/ west part of Columbus. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff

2. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

Some of the Metro Parks have easy fishing access. THIS is the site for that.

The only one that I have really taken the time to fish is the Darby Bends/Prarie Oaks Metro Park out on the west side. Darby Bends / Prarie Oaks Metro Park Website

Antrim Lake is another good one. Its at 315 and 161 North of Campus. The main entrance is on Olentangy River Road just south of 161.

Other than that, the only things I have fished up there is Griggs, Oshaunessy, and Alum Creek.

Good Luck,
    Jason

3. I have been in the Grove for five years and got the fever this summer after a trip back home to Northwest Ohio, with a bunch of ponds-quarries and lunkers galore. I have fished every local, legal pond in the past month and have been pretty stumped. Every great pond on Yahoo Maps turned out to be No Trespassing. I will be trying Madison Lake tomorrow which looks like a mere 30 minutes from here. I will try to give you an idea how that goes. Good luck and if you find anything nearby I'd love to hear that! Good Luck.

4. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Madison Lake was a complete waste of my time, haven't been there is 2 years, fished it a couple times a year( I never learned) only in the spring because its shallow and muddy and warms quickly. I went for bass, and even tried crappie fishing,caught a few of each, nothing much. Electric motor only by the way, only place I never tried was WAY up north toward the feeder creek, max depth is about 6-8 feet, mostly its less than 4 towards dam, 2foot rest of lake I tried. Hope this helps.
    Mike

5. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Madison has let me down every time also. i have fished it for Catfish, but no luck.

6. You can access the Darby from Rt.62 about 4 or 5 miles South of Grove City, I fished there years ago and got into alot of Carp and Channels, I have been meaning to try the area again but I just havent gotten around to it, water looked really nice the last time I was over the area.

7. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

Harguss Creek Lake is just a short hop south from you and is ELE only also Deer Creek . Antrium is up in Worthington and I dont think they allow any on the water acess .bank fishing only

8. thanks for all the help, you have given me some places to try.