close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing party for 7 year old

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gusfamily, Oct 2, 2005.

1. I'm a newbie, novice fisherwoman, so my apologies...

My son will be 7 soon and wants to have a fishing birthday party. He LOVES fishing! He has been fishing all summer and cannot get enough of it. What I'd like to do is have 6 of his friends and go to a stocked lake where I know each of them will catch a fish. Nothing big, nothing fancy, just a fish.

Also, it would be great if we could find an expert to help the boys. Maybe even someone to help us clean and cook the fish.

We live in the Cleveland area. Any ideas for someplace or someone who could help us with this within say 40 miles?

I appreciate your knowledge!
    Elyse

2. cant help ya, im down at tappen lake, but welcome to ogf. im sure someone will help ya out this is a great site with good people.

3. You could try Turtle Pond at the Firestone Metropark here in Akron. Kids only fishing, adults can help, but not fish. Picnic facilities, and you may even be able to get someone from their fishing club to help you out.

I'll see if I can dig up the number there. I'm sure it's listed though. I think it's under Metroparks, serving Summit County.

4. Hey Gus-

try here:

it's called Veterans' Memorial Park, otherwise known as Grangers Pond in Mentor right next to Shore Jr. High school on Hopkins rd. I think...

They will be stocking rainbow trout. In October I think.

I think BigDaddy or somebody posted a metro parks stocking schedule with that park included......It should be on the odnr web site...

It is great for kids but get there early whenever you go.....even after stocking, they fish bite for weeks/months ....so you don't have to get there ON THE DAY they pour the fish in....

They will bite on most kinds of powerbait on a plain hook. Easy and not very messy for kids to use.

I prefer maggots on a mini foo under a small balsa bobber (just like my steelhead setup)....

Ya gotta set the hook as soon as it hits or you will miss them.

good luck.
    steely123

5. Hooch

Hooch Fare Thee Well!

Take 'em perch fishing! Like any species, they or may not be biting, but the bite is getting better as days go by. Perch will keep the kids busy, and the 1st mate will help with any questions and taking the fish off the hook. A Headboat would be the cheapest route, but a smaller private charter would be the best for personal attention. For headboat information, do a search for Headboat and you should find all you need to know. -Hooch-

6. Hey guys!

Thanks much for the advice. Some great ideas, my guy will be thrilled.

Cheers! :D