Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rented a cottage from Reeltime Cottages right at Cranberry and fished Sat to Sat I would like to thank Don for a clean comfortable well furnished cottage all for a reasonable $600. The guys at Cranberry Creek Marina also were great at suppling everything I needed including a slip to tie off on for some needed rest. It was marathon fishing at its best. Our best day was Sunday when we caught 27 eyes on the Reef pulling bouncers with Northland Float-n-spin and Erie Dearie Weapons in 15-23ft in front of the Castle along the drop to the Bowl. The key was the Terrova at .8 mph and letting the Eyes take the spinner alittle longer then normal. Tuesday and Wednesday we trolled small spoons on Dipsys and 40 jets and harnesses on boards, East and West of the Sandbar and caught 7-10 better Eyes each day. Thundermists Viper Is a great tool a spoon harness combo that has some awesome action. Thursday my Wife and son visited and we went to Nickel Beach in Huron for some beach action and sand castles. Friday we only managed 7 Eyes on Ruggles with bouncers and weapons fishing completely alone crazy days when that happens in June. Saturday we fished weapons on the Sandbar in 45-50ft using slow falling weights and counts to pick suspending fish. I would encourage all trollers to give it a try its a hoot to feel that light pick-up and set on a large fish but we did only manage 7 on Sat.This week long adventure was instead of a Canada trip and I truly don't regret my choice I could see my 3 year old on Thursday and without the 20 hour drive was able fish much longer. my videos are on http://walleyewarrior.blogspot.com/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts