close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing (oops, I mean CATCHIN') with truck

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, May 6, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Got out on the mighty Ohio with Daryl today in his boat. He had us on some wipers in short order. Then I put him on one of my honey holes for cats. Nice to see I haven't lost my touch, true to form, I followed my own rules...to a point anyway. You know, let the captain catch the most, and the biggest, this was his personal best bluecat, so that was good, later I managed to get one slightly larger, they were almost twins. ;)
    [​IMG]
    Due to time constraints, I'll have to post more pictures later.
    :D Had a great time, thanks again Daryl. Jim

2. mrfishohio

Nice fat bluecat :)
    [​IMG]

We caught alot of fish, mostly blues I think one or maybe 2 channelcats, no flats. There were a few hybrids and I know I caught at least one drum, I think that was it, one drum :eek:
    Most of my fish I tossed back quick as they weren't picture worthy, Daryl got alot of picture fish.

3. catking

catking Banned

JEEZE US !!!!!!! mrfish and truck team up, in trucks boat :eek: Any size on the hybrids? CATKING

4. Jim you couldn't have picked a nicer guy to fish with..glad you both caught something

5. mrfishohio

Daryl banged a couple of these right away, here's the first one. I'll have to fix up the backgound a little on the 2nd shot & then replace it later. Was in a hurry this AM. :)
    [​IMG]
    ( I got the trees growing out of your head-sorry Daryl.... :confused: )

[​IMG]

6. mrfishohio

Couldn't leave that one looking like that ;)
    Here is a better rendering......
    [​IMG]

7. mrfishohio

One sour note was my catfish decided it wanted to release itself while posing, so when it did the spin/twist/twirl, it jumped onto my reel in the holder & broke the stem/foot off my all purpose skipjack rod. The reel is a 1 year old Fin Nor mega lite 1000 and simply a great small reel with a huge cork drag system-never sticks, always smooth, etc.
    I get on the net, and go to Fin Nor, call the number, had to call back this AM, I asked about getting the new part (body) he said it would be easier to just send it back, I asked about a charge, he said there probably wouldn't be one, but if there was, it would be about $10-$15.00. :D :D

Oh yeah....big john...couldn't agree with you more, look for more joint fishing trips soon. ;)

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

9. Great looking fish guys. I'm always amazed at the size of the cats you catch out of the Ohio River, i'm used to 3 and 4 pounders from Darby Creek.

10. I'm heading out this evening, how is current, drift/debris? River stage @ cincy is 30' now, so I'm thinking it should be a real good night especially based on how you guys did.

11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Great looking fish guys, congrats to truck on the new PB blue cat!

12. As you all have seen we had a great day of catching yesterday.Thanks again Jim for the help on my x15 depth finder ;) glad to hear the reel will be fixed cheap enough,dang fish.The hybrids will be running soon Jim so we will have to chase them for a while also.Here are a couple more pics.[​IMG] [​IMG] I am not very good a fixing the pics background,kinda short on time today.Daryl

13. mrfishohio

Hunterm...there's still a fair amount of debris, you can tell from the pictures the water clarity. It was about 8" visibility
    HEY MAN....!!!!
    :confused: I'm not called Mrfish for nothing !! :rolleyes: ;) :D
    You'll do good........... :)

14. mrfishohio

[​IMG]
    Another fish.....he was smoking me !!

[​IMG]

15. mrfishohio

Here's Daryl's fish on his scale, about a 2# difference with the digital.......I NEED one of those none-digital scales !! :D
    [​IMG]

16. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Good job on the fish guys!