Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on the mighty Ohio with Daryl today in his boat. He had us on some wipers in short order. Then I put him on one of my honey holes for cats. Nice to see I haven't lost my touch, true to form, I followed my own rules...to a point anyway. You know, let the captain catch the most, and the biggest, this was his personal best bluecat, so that was good, later I managed to get one slightly larger, they were almost twins. ;)

Due to time constraints, I'll have to post more pictures later.
:D Had a great time, thanks again Daryl. Jim

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice fat bluecat :)

We caught alot of fish, mostly blues I think one or maybe 2 channelcats, no flats. There were a few hybrids and I know I caught at least one drum, I think that was it, one drum :eek:
Most of my fish I tossed back quick as they weren't picture worthy, Daryl got alot of picture fish.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Jim you couldn't have picked a nicer guy to fish with..glad you both caught something

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daryl banged a couple of these right away, here's the first one. I'll have to fix up the backgound a little on the 2nd shot & then replace it later. Was in a hurry this AM. :)

( I got the trees growing out of your head-sorry Daryl.... :confused: )

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One sour note was my catfish decided it wanted to release itself while posing, so when it did the spin/twist/twirl, it jumped onto my reel in the holder & broke the stem/foot off my all purpose skipjack rod. The reel is a 1 year old Fin Nor mega lite 1000 and simply a great small reel with a huge cork drag system-never sticks, always smooth, etc.
I get on the net, and go to Fin Nor, call the number, had to call back this AM, I asked about getting the new part (body) he said it would be easier to just send it back, I asked about a charge, he said there probably wouldn't be one, but if there was, it would be about $10-$15.00. :D :D

Oh yeah....big john...couldn't agree with you more, look for more joint fishing trips soon. ;)

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Great looking fish guys. I'm always amazed at the size of the cats you catch out of the Ohio River, i'm used to 3 and 4 pounders from Darby Creek.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm heading out this evening, how is current, drift/debris? River stage @ cincy is 30' now, so I'm thinking it should be a real good night especially based on how you guys did.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
As you all have seen we had a great day of catching yesterday.Thanks again Jim for the help on my x15 depth finder ;) glad to hear the reel will be fixed cheap enough,dang fish.The hybrids will be running soon Jim so we will have to chase them for a while also.Here are a couple more pics.
I am not very good a fixing the pics background,kinda short on time today.Daryl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts