close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing on lower Cuyahoga

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by drewjarvi, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Anyone know if the fishing is good on the Hoga down near Bath, OH? Going to be down there this weekend and was thinking about taking my fly rod and waders along.

Andy

2. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

I'm not sure how the river is that far up, but the lower stretches are blown out from the rains and they're predicting more for Thursday...

3. drew......creekcrawler is probably right on target. Might settle by late sunday but who knows.

An option for you might be the small lakes inside the Cuyahoga Valley Natl Forest. Indigo Lake, Horseshoe Pond, Kendall Lake.....a few others.

Phone 216.524.1497

www.nps.gov.cuva

Good luck.

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

The water in the Cuyahoga has come down alot in Bath as of Wednesday evening after work. We already had some rain this morning north of Bath in Brecksville.
    I would say you would be fine depending on how much rain we get today. But, I wouldn't wade the river in that area after the downpours we've had this week. All the raw sewage from Akron's overflows gets dumped into the river. Cleveland has all kinds of unhealthy water warning from the rains earlier this week.
    Someone mentioned on here about the tampons and condoms floating around inside Cleveland's breakwall. Between Akron and Cleveland has got to be the same way.

5. Thank you everyone,

It is sad the crap people dump in our waterways. I will hopefully get a few spare moments to fish but not sure. I will be at Hale Farm & Village for the Re-enactment so depending on what's happening and when will depend on if I can sneak away for a bit.

Andy

6. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

If you're going to Hale Farm, they run a Tram (little people train thing like the zoo) from Indigo Lake (off Riverview) over to Hale Farm for free. You could park right at Indigo that way - check first tough, when I took the Tram thing it was a few years back. :)

7. anyone knows hows hoga in cuy falls area? was there on tuesday, was kinda high. thanks

8. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

Hoga was very high and very muddy when I went by it today. I think it should be ready to fish on sunday though as long as we get no more rain. I know I will be out pike fishing on sunday regardless of the weather and water conditions.

9. thanx zachtrouter guess i'll have to find another spot for the weekend. i live 35miles away from cuy falls so dont wanna drive all the way to see nothin' good. good luck