Fishing On Base In Japan

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ohioman76, Dec 3, 2007.

1. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

Hello All,
    I just finished my five month deployment to Australia, Malasia, and Guam. I was supposed to go to Hong Kong but they China wouldn't let us in. I hit the fishing as soon as I got back and caught my record seabass. It was a weird evening of fishing. I fished for about two hours without a bite. Then right at dusk I caught a small yellowtail. Then I hooked a huge seabass on my favorite red and white lure. It jumped out of the water and did a few head shakes and snapped my line. I was extremely disappointed. I put on a new lure and started to fish again. About twenty minutes later it was completely dark and I was frustrated. I told my wife and kids one more cast and then we would leave. My son David said dad I'll cross my fingers, toes, and legs for luck. I cast out and reeled in maybe six or seven times and fish on. I fought the fish for twenty minutes. The guy who let me use his net to land my yellowtail had left so my wife had to run and ask a guy to use his net. I jumped over the fence and landed the beast. This is my personal best seabass. Very delicious to. I hope you guys like the pics. I've been over here for a year now and still have to left. But you guys can bet I'll be back for Steelhead action now that Archman taught me the ropes.:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Good to hear you're doing good man. Milton has been good to me this year. Got a Muskie during the 4th.

That seabass looks like a walleye.

3. Yeah that thing looks like it's half walleye half bass and a bit of a snook. Pretty awesome looking, congradulations.

4. Nice looking fish Paul. I'm sure it makes you forget about those steelies back home. So when are you visiting again?

5. Nice fish man. I wish I would have known about Zander while in Europe in the 80's.

6. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

NICE fish Ohio

Little crappy China wont let you in and seeings how there keeping me busy at work by taking our steel something doesnt seem right.

Im glad your sport is giving you some enjoyablilty .
    Of course you now have me starved..think ill hit the cooler and pull out my little gill..LOL

7. Glad your gettin out to fish.;)

8. Nice fish and pics Paul, maybe see you at Mosquito sometime.

9. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I will post more of my catch over here on base now that I have a little downtime. I remember in 05 when i went ice fishing on Mosquito and the wind almost blew me and my shanty away. did get a nice walleye that day though. I never did have any luck catching the Crappies from the causeway. I heard the stories of people getting fifty of sixty a night but when i went there I could never quite cash in. Though I did see people with nice catches sometimes. When i get back I will learn to master that craft. I also want to try deer hunting. Anyone know of a good place that will teach archery during the summer months before the season opens up.

Paul

10. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

good luck fishing over there?? i'm about a 7hours plane ride from you and coming there soon.. maybe we can meet on the japanese bank fishing for something?? :)

11. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

Paul
    I dont know any places much up north now that I have been away from Akron for a few years but down here in the Ohio Valley I have numourous places that teach bow hunting. Im an hour and a half from Akron south so its not to bad and I have a lot of friends who bow hunt down here and have many places for you to hunt.
    Now I have a question, I heard in Japan goldfish are on the edge of a delicacy and also a worshipped fish, along with Oriana's..
    I know they have thousands in the low line areas but I dont know how you feel about carp....??

12. Nice fish man. I remember spending a lot of days fishing there at Yokosuka. I never really caught much except a cheep drunk. If you want to see a funny sight there, catch them draining the drydock. Thoes Japanese go nuts catching all the squid and other fish left in the drydock. It kind of looks like cockroches when the light is turned on.

LoweBoat