close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing near Johnson's Island this weekend

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dday, May 18, 2004.

1. Can anybody offer any advice to what is biting around Johnson's Island? I will be up there this weekend. I'm not sure if I will have boat access or not, depends on the weather. I'll be up there alot this summer, but first time this weekend.

Don

p.s. I'm mostly looking for bass, crappie, mostly spinning setup, but fly rod would be great if possible.

2. anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    DDay

3. Depends on what you are after. The crappie fishing in the docks, if you can get access, should be at the peak this weekend. You should also be able to pick up a few bass in there. They are still catching perch off the Marblehead lighthouse. If you can't find crappie in Johnson Island docks they are hot at Bay Point which is just across the bay.

4. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

If you can fish the causeway you will catch bass and catfish from shore. try fishing around the bridges with your bass lures. Sunrise park over by marblehead lighthouse is also a decent place to fish from shore, you never know what your going to catch there. Good Luck

5. dday:
    The bass are on there beds right now in johnson's,and beat up...I know i didn't help them any.try the sandusky boat ramp for crappies / bass they have docks.
    nitro882