close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Log I made

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I made up this handy little fishing log to keep track of the fish that I catch. I'll keep this with me on the boat so I will always know what my PB's are :) :B
    Hopefully you'll be able to right click the file and download it if you think it may come in handy.
    This is my Bass log.. I'm working on a Musky/Pike/Walleye one right now too. I'll post it as soon as I am done..
    I have this one set up to be printed on an 8 1/2" X 11" in LANDSCAPE view.

[​IMG]

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I already have a fishing log that I keep. I do not keep all exact numbers when I am fishing when it comes to bluegills or anything, but it is nice to have for leter on down the road to see what time of year was my best and what baits worked best.

3. Mine is kept with the pics i take,date-time-temp,and going to start river levels this year(if I ever fish again :rolleyes: )

4. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

AK!! Are ya looking at this!!!! I'm not the only one!!! LOL

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Your log is empty!

Haven't you caught ANY fish? :D

6. too funny:D

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

she'll need a carping log too after i get up there and get them hooked.. :)
    then there's the ping pong log.. :rolleyes:

8. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

nice fishing log, i really like that you put the fishohio lengths and the record sizes on it.

9. marcbodi

marcbodi junior member

Hi,
    Great Log.If you are as good as catching fish as making the Log you should have no trouble filling it.

10. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

LOL.. Of course I catch fish :D Some big ones too :B
    I only wish that I had more room to work with (other than your typical sized paper) so I could enter more detailed information.. Ya know, things like GPS coordinates, moon phase, water temp, depth, air temp, wind direction, weather, time of day, lure color, method of retrieval...
    I do keep track of all of that detailed info here on my computer.. . But for quick reference, I thought it would be nice to keep something simple and to the point to keep on the boat.
    Oh my gosh.. I am such a geek :rolleyes:

11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

How about making a cheese log.......... :)
    That's a great Idea, I was going to do that, but I just keep my camera with me most of the time. I never filled it out. I know someone who has, and he knows where the fish are for about any temp, etc. Fishes the same lake 250-300 days a year. :F

12. Nice log, Take it to another level and try to put it in Excel. Then you can "sort" . For example if you are heading to Erie this weekend and you know the wind is out of the north, the barometric preasure is steady @ 29.90, the water is stained and 67 Degrees, and it is June18th. It will tell you what other patterns have worked in the past and locations of the species you are looking for. Been working on mine for the last 12 years. It is amazing how many times the thing works. Of course, It only works if you put the data in after everytime you go out. If you can find a few buddies to help you out with accurate info, it makes the building the data base much quicker. Got the idea from Muskies INC. If you are a member, you can go to thier website and search thier database for bodies of water all over north america. very cool tool.

13. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I thought that with the pricing of a new laid out Ranger these days that it would come with a console mounted computer interfaced with the boats GPS and depth finder, PH meter, light meter, turbidity meter,digital scale and under water camera. Just put the fish in the scale receptacle and push "Enter Store Data" on your computer and it all done for you. :rolleyes:

Or you could just do it your way :D

I used to keep logs years ago, just not nearly as nice as the one you've developed or as much detail as you keep

14. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I also keep a log, catfish only :D

15. That's why you need to have your little palm pilot with you loaded up with some Fishing Log Software ;)

16. I keep logs of my fishing tournaments and practice. It's pretty entertaining sometimes going back and looking at my fishing notes. The logs really started to pile up over the years and I've only been logging for about 5 years.