close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing log anyone use them? found this one on a web site for free

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

This was on a web site i was looking out that you could download them and print out.

[​IMG]

2. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Man I been looking for one of them for almost a year.
    Thanks Buddy :cool:

3. JBJ

JBJ

Good format! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Being a freebie makes it even more enticing.

4. We should offer that here ;)

5. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

atrkyhntr

Don and I keep extensive records of our flathead trips. Results of both productive and skunked trips are reported.

During winter we go over our data and try to establish any pertinent patterns or tendencies. We also decide if we need other information included.

We double check our weather assessments with weather history websites and confirm moon phase with charts.

We read many chat boards to see if other areas experience similar results during the same period.

Our flathead logs are custom made (by us) using microsoft X-cel and we can modify them at any time to add new info or change errors. My memory is not really good but I can give you flathead information about my trips back to

Color coding text allows us to overlay several years to compare results. Searching various columns lets us compare results with weather-moon phase-day of the week-water clarity or any of the other factors we record.

For example of what can be learned :

We caught a 43 pound flathead in 1998
    a 47 in 1999
    a 50 in 2001
    a 54 in 2003
    3 of the dates were after big rains and water was muddy.
    These catches were all made at the same location. All were a female flathead.
    We compared pictures for identifying scars. The pix were not conclusive but we believe this is the same fish.

From this we can assume that the fish returns yearly to that location and she gains 2-3 pounds per year. Handy info if you are wanting to catch a 50+ cat.

Big storm comes in when I fish that lake and guess where I will go to set up?

6. Thank You,,,Thank You,,,Thank You,,,

7. Hey katfish...
    That is what I use to do for bass fishing and b4 computers came into my life thus when my garage burned down over 15 years of data went up in smoke... have not been able to keep a log since :(

I could make something like that up for this website if needed no prob...
    All I need is asked by those in charge ;)

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

not a problem guys it came from a site called bass resources . com if you go there and look you will find it just in case you have any problems printing.

9. i went to bassresources.com and was automaticly redirected to gofishin.com. i couldnt find the fishing logs there. am i in the right spot?

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

11. I Always Use A Log Book To Record My Fishing And Hunting Trips
    They Come In Very Handy. I Record Everything From Wind Direction, Water Clarity, Locations Of Structure, Fish # Wght,length.
    If Poss. Gps Coords. It Is Easy To Do Just Use A Notebook This Way You Will Always Have A Record On Any Given Lake Also In My Log I Place Photos Of The Fish I Catch And Also Lakes When They're Drawndown.

12. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

13. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I can't remember the fellow that made a log in Microsoft Access and made it available to who ever wanted it back on the old GFO site. I've been usuing it for a year now until my computer went down a couple weeks ago and I lost it. At least the info was backed up, but in read only format so I can not reload the program.

14. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

15. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

16. bassman23

bassman23 Da Fishpimp

ncraft, you want to talk to Cheesehead Cory, he is the one who made the program.

bassman23