close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Kiser Lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Catfisher, Nov 15, 2004.

1. My buddy and I are going to head to Kiser Lake this comming weekend, this is the first time that either of us have fished this lake. Anyone give us an idea of where and what to use for this time of the year and what we might catch?? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

2. madcatter

madcatter Cat tracker

kiser is excellent this time of year, it all depends on what your after!
    If your after the bigger cats use cut shad along ST.RT.235, here you will find two old foundations, the southern one is an old barn, the northern is of an old house. water is approx. 8 to 10ft. The foundation is approx. 30 to 40 yards off the bank, be careful this bank is steep and slippery if wet!
    There is also really good wiper fishing also here, we mostly catch them on cut shad or liver! We seem to do better on wipers in the northwest bay, or at the east end of the sail boat docks!
    I hope this helps out, ive been raised on kiser and have fished it for over 30 years. Let me know how you do, if theres anything else i can help with feel free to ask!
    madcatter!!!!

3. Thanks Madcatter for the info, just one quick question. What size do you cut the liver into to use as bait??
    thanks again for the info

4. madcatter

madcatter Cat tracker

catfisher, all we do is to cut them in about 2" pieces, there also catching alot of crappies right now, my neighbor came over tonight with 41 average size about 11".