close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing in Idaho

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by kentuckybasser, May 13, 2004.

1. kentuckybasser

kentuckybasser A Basser from way back

I just would like to say to any bass anglers, if you are ever out in Northern Idaho, plan to go fishing. I went out with a partner in crime last Saturday and went to Blue Lake, which is a chain lake on the Coeur d'Alene River ,just north of the lake of the same name. I was surprized by the shallowness of this lake and the size of the bass. We caught in the first 2 hours 8 fish in the size range of 15 to 19 inches. We then went to the other lakes with the same success.

For the pike fisherman, I fought a nice pike of 34 to 36 inchs, but lost him at the boat. We also caught 3 smallies and 3 crappies in the day of fishing.

The best thing is that we only saw 3 boats all day on the water. Talk about no pressure. The fishing licenes was $10.50 for one day and 4 dollars per day additional. No a bad price for what we got.

It is about an hours drive from Spokane, Washington.

The other lakes in this chain is Black, Thompson, Anderson and 4 others besides Blue. All have grass and lily pads. We caught most on top water and the water temp was 60 degrees. The water was very clear, but with long cast the fish were very aggressive.

If any of you ever get the opportunity to get out here it is great.

In Washington the trout and fly fishing was also good. I will be training out here again next month, so I plan to bring some more rods with me an do some big time fishing. ;)

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Coeur d'Alene is a beautiful lake and area, i never fished it but passed through several times. My aunt lives in onalaska washington little town south of seattle a ways. I lived with her for a yr talk about beautiful country. 5min from a large mountian lake, 1/2 hr from the ocean, and all kinds of outdoors areas. You could see Mt rainer and Mt st helens from her porch's.