close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Guides: SW Ohio

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BlueWater, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Hello All,

I have lived in the area for about a year and a half and I have fished a few places. Lake Izzy, Sharon Woods Lake, Miami Whitewater Lake and LMR. I have had some success, but I want to learn more about fishing in the SW.

I am from the east coast where I did a lot of surf fishing for Stripers, Blues, Fluke, etc. I used to fish the ocean all year round and I have only fished Summer and Fall in Ohio. I would like to fish all year in Ohio here as well.

I would like to fish some of the bigger lakes like East Fork and CC. Are there guides who could take me on these lakes and/or teach me more about fishing the SW waters? I usually fish bait or lures, but I am trying to learn fly fishing as well. I really do not care how I catch a fish, but I would prefer lures or fly.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Some posts may already be up that address this info - if so please let me know how to access them.

As I used to say in the East Coast...

Till Next Tide,

BlueWater

2. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Hey BlueWater,

Welcome to the forum! The only guides I have ever heard anything about in this part of the state are on the Ohio River. I don't know anything about them either.
    Where exactly are you from on the East Coast? I do a lot of striper fishing in Maine every summer. Wish we had more of them around here.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Welcome to the site, I kinda doubt there are quides in that part of the state..However, there are quite a few fishemen here from the southwest, and I am sure they could help you out.

4. Hey BlueWater,

I’m not a guide (despite my obvious talent), but I may be able to bring a little East Coast surf fishing to you here in SW Ohio. Send me a PM.

5. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Most of the guides I've heard of around here are trout guides. If you are looking for year round fishing, you are likely to wind up fishing a little for trout and maybe sauger/walleye/suageye, but I don't know any guides for those.

Mad River Outfitters

Of course, if you have the talent that Rooster has and can go to the Mad River in the middle of winter and coax out 28 brownies on a rooster tail (see previous post ), maybe you don't need a guide :D (Or maybe take Rooster with you!)

But, probably your best bet is to hook up with a few of the people who frequent this forum. They obviously fish a lot and know the area!

If you are looking to get out down near the Ohio River in Clermont County, send me a PM. I fish all over the Cincinnati area, but live near Felicity (southeastern Clermont County).

Good luck,

creekwalker

6. Greetings, I guide in the SW part of the state for smallmouth, trout, carp and gar and focus on catching fish with the Fly rod.
    I guide on the Mad River for trout, the Lower Little Miami for Smallies and Gar, Upper Great Miami for Smallies and carp and the Whitewater for smallies and an assortment of Ohio river species. Can arrange any trip and even some steelhead and Tailwaters in Tenn.

I have many "Guide" friends and can steer you into many different types of fish but other then the Mad River in the heart of Winter, it will be tough with our warmwater species.
    Send me a PM if you have any interest or even if you just need some more info about where to and when to, I can help there as well.

Welcome aboard,
    Salmonid ( Mark)
    Owner, Flatwater Guide Service
    President, Mad Men Chapter of Trout Unlimited

7. Thank you very much for all of the info. I will PM all of you to discuss further.

BlueWater