Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday night (7/11), some punks stole a bunch of fishing gear from my boat in Westerville. I am offer a $500 reward to the arrest and conviction of those who did this dirty deed.

They took a 7 ft trolling rod with a gold series reel, 3 medium action rods (graphite rods with Daiwa & Shimano reels), a ultralight rod and 2 microlight rods. One of the microlight reels is red. They also took my son's tackle box - Bass Pro with green on the bottom and tan top and filled with all kinds of plactics and crank baits. Additionally, I lost my camo frog togs, marker buoys, a yellow minnow bucket that doesn't latch and 3 tackle box containers with assorted hooks, sinkers, rooster tails, crank baits and worm harnesses. I lost a lot of money here and am very pissed off.

You will be anonymous. I just want a conviction and I want to know who these punks are.

Thank you very much.

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
Did this occur at Hoover, or one of the Hoover parking areas?
Or, did this happen at your residence near Hoover?

·
Banned
790 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. .
The rods and reels are one thing...I mean at least you know what you had and they are easy enough to replace.
The bags of tackle would be the xxxxxxx for me.

If you'd like, I have about 2 or 3 tons of plastics and stuff in my basement...and my wife would love it if I donated some tackle to a kid who just got his rig stolen. Prolly have an extra rod and reel.
PM me if you want and I can send some over for your kid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm so sorry to here about your loss I know how you are feeling right now , I've had thousands of dollars worth of things stolen everything from heavy equipment to large amounts of power tools to tree stands . It don't matter what it is or the value of it , it's just the fact that some piece of trash did it and is going to profit from it . I can only hope that some day I catch someone steeling something else of mine for I'll have no mercy on them . I hope you get your stuff back and catch them !!! Don't give up looking for your stuff because the law ain't going to help you much . If you find it at a pawn shop you'll have to buy it back if the owner has a bill of sale for it even if it was signed by Barack Obama ( how sad ) got to love them pawn shops . Again I'm sorry for your loss . Andyman I pleasured fished yesterday over at CJ brown durning a walleye tournament and after that I had lost faith in my fellow fisherman ( the rudeness and disrespect of others ) then I read what you offered too OSUANGLER that is a great thing you did , you just helped out alot more then you would know . I'm glad too see good people out there like you , Thank you . Thanks Rogue .

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
i know what you are going through also i had seven guns stolen a little over a year ago never got them back had the apraisel and it was close to 8 g's the insurance cut me a check for 2600 at least i got something but not my guns. as mentioned watch craigs list,ebay and pawn shops but you more than likely will not get them back. i too prolly have some extra things laying around that i would be willing to donate to you and your son. let me know if you are interested. and sorry for your loss hope you get it back or at least get the sob's that did it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Receiving everybody's offers for free tackle tells me that true fishermen still have hearts of gold and respect both each other and the wildlife. I will take a pass on your offers as I will pick up a few basics as Dick's and get back on the water. With the insurance $ I should be able to replace all that I lost but just knowing that these asses went thru my boat and took my stuff eats the hek out of me. I bet their parents would swear that their little Johnny would never do such a thing....I would pay $500 to prove them wrong.

And the boat was parked in my drive approx 2 feet from my house. I live in a subdivision within walking distance to Hoover.

Thanks everybody and let me know if you see some kids trying to cast the trolling rod from shore. You know they will try it somewhere.

·
Registered
16,805 Posts
And the boat was parked in my drive approx 2 feet from my house. I live in a subdivision within walking distance to Hoover.

Thanks everybody and let me know if you see some kids trying to cast the trolling rod from shore. You know they will try it somewhere.
Maybe you need to buy a trail cam for your driveway...I bet they will be back cause they know you'll have new stuff....

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've been there and I'm sorry for your loss. On a lighter note, I bet nearly everyone here has a yellow minnow bucket that doesn't latch, so don't hold that against us! I think I'll start a replacement lid company...

·
Registered
42 Posts
trailcam is a good idea thats how we caught people stealing our gas cans last year when gas was 4.00 a gallon on my home lake of charles mill worth a shot

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Thieves rank right up there under child molesters as far as I'm concerned. I can stand a lazy pos thief. Doubt you get your stuff back but hopefully the little punks get busted!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
had my tackle box stolen once. what hurt the most was i had some lures a friend made for me. never got a chance to use 'em. i don't care if they caught fish, or were just junk. he passed away suddenly at a young age, and the sentimental value they had to me was worth more than anything. sorry for your loss.

·
Banned
790 Posts
I've been there and I'm sorry for your loss. On a lighter note, I bet nearly everyone here has a yellow minnow bucket that doesn't latch, so don't hold that against us! I think I'll start a replacement lid company...
That's funny right there.

I had ths happen to some hunting stuff years back. As much as it chapped my bag, I had to learn to just let it go.
The fact is, it very, very unlikely that you'll get it back and/or catch who did it. What happened to me is I found myself always checking and looking at other sportsmen in a "accusatory" kind of way. "Is this the dude who took my stuff. Look at his backpack, that looks just like..."
That's a bad way to be in teh field. You can lose the reason you're out there, to enjoy yourself, and end up focusing on too much bad stuff, looking funny at dudes who don't deserve to be looked at that way.

Positive side is no one tried to get in your actual house, you didn't have any kind of encounter that could have gone badly, and you get to buy all new stuff.
I know..but it's the best I could come up with.;)

·
Banned
790 Posts
^^^^^^^^^

That looks a little fishy. Can't see too well, but it looks like a Legend Elite and most guys who own a St. Croix Legend know that it costs more than $80 and also know the difference between a baitcasting rod and spinning rod.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts