Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was fishing from a dock on Scioto yesterday, and not catching anything but gills. But then comes this guys who was putting his boat in, and started saying that it is illegal to fish from a boating dock in ohio, and there is a $250 fine if you get caught doing so. I am wondering if it is true, or was he just messing around?

Thanks

·
Do work son.
326 Posts
Doubtful... hes either trolling you or its privte property?

probably didn't want someone hanging around his boat!

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
He may have been correct depending on the lake.

There are lakes in Ohio have signs prohibiting fishing from the ramp and courtesy docks.

I would look for signs and check with the local lake or park authority.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
You mean around Griggs area?
I cant say griggs specifically, its just one of those things you notice when your launching... tough to remember where ive seen them... and I haven't been to griggs for a few years...

but I believe bonecrusher because they are at a lot of lakes...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, it was a boat ramp, not a pier or a dock. Is it illegal to fish from a boat launching ramp?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Sorry, it was a boat ramp, not a pier or a dock. Is it illegal to fish from a boat launching ramp?
honestly im not sure if its technically illegal.. I cant find any info on specific regulations regarding the matter...

its good you are asking the question though... instead of just assuming that there is no such law...

·
Double lunger
1,560 Posts
A lot of times the signs are attached to the docks themselves and you have to look down to see them. I believe the ramps are treated the same as the docks but I am not sure.

·
CJ Wolfpack
470 Posts
At CJ Brown it says no fishing from the docks from April 1- Nov.1.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts