Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a dream come true for a Dad as Nicholas and I Won the LEWT on Saturday with almost 40 lb and Big fish of the tourney.I almost seems surreal and i have to thank the lord for Letting us do what we did. To Summarize where we were and what we did. We fished friday east of kelleys in 40 ft north of kelleys same depth and up by the line all the way down the east side of the shoal staying in the 40 ft range. All areas produced fish with inlines 2 ounce with chartruese # 5 colorados and also same color beads being the best. 40 to 50 back worked great on friday but saturday they wanted it 60 back. The other two rods were 3 ounce bottom bouncers with same color blades back 70 to 80 on line counter. The big bag on satruday came mostly from long point half way up the shoal to the green bouy try to stay in 40 of so ft of water. s few tourney fish came just south of the as we were trolling up to the shoal on out first pass with the waves. speed was 1.1 to 1.3 and we must have caught 30 fish on friday and 50 fish on satuday. We were culling 5 and 6 punders by 1030 on saturday to give ya some perspective on what kinda of day we had. Thanks to Matt Chris Marc and all the sponsors that make this series possible. Also thanks to my sponsors. Vics Sportscenter. Starcraft Marine. Reefrunner. Michgan Stinger. Cisco Rodholders. Pro Cure. Rodmaker Shoppe without them none of this would be possible.Thank you Gary Zart Blue Dolphin

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
First off to Gary and Nickolas all i can say is wow. What a team. Gary you have done an awsome job raising a fishing machine and just a great kid fishing with you guys is a treat. At 11 i would put Nick up against the majority of the guys on the lake. Hearing your speech saturday, which actually choked me up a little and watching you guys work together the way you do I can't wait for my son to get a little older so i can get him out there with us. Again great job guys. talk to ya soon.

Finally to Kgone and Fishon aka team kielbasa. From the days of the little guy to now, wow. You guys did an awsome job. Thanks for all your help and i can't tell all you guys how much i value our friendship we have an awsome thing going.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Congrats Gary & Son ....awesome fishing and heart-warming team.
Regret I couldn't make it to the weigh-in !
Thanks for the explicit report on your program, helps us "wanna be's" act like the big boys : ))

GR

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Gary,

Tyulley an inpressive bag of fish there...... 40 lbs and big fish..... way to go ..I and Kgone for one, cant be any more happier that to see you nail this one!!! A great win for a great guy and Son!!! you son is an impressive young man in and out of the boat Gary... Im sure your Proud!

Congradulations on a fine show ... and thanks for all that you do!

Frank

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
:B
Hats of to Team Blue Dolphin of Gary and Nicholas Zart, you guys smashed up good and deserve the win and big fish, great fishing out there guys, CONGRATS to both of you..you guys rock, I hope one day I can experience something similar with a child one day if and when they day does come, I can’t image how proud you are, awesome job well done.

Frank and I took 8th with a tad over 30 pounds. We are in the lead for Team of the Year, I hope we can stay consistent and do well the rest of the year, it would be a dream come true if we end up with that title I know I will fight for it the rest of the year, if not let the most consistant team win and hats off to them, it’s a tough trail with all the good sticks out there.

We had a very rough morning and only one tiny keeper in the box at 11:30 our morning spot was a bust we’re I lost a very large fish and caught 5 others at the end of pre-fishing , we made a move to the SE side of Kelly’s a huge fish took the board back only to find a farm animal on the end of the line not a very large walleye as I thought. So that was pretty deflating, we moved 2 more times till we decided to switch programs and go to the bottom with 3 and 4 oz bouncers and spinner rigs. Well we made the perfect switch of programs and the perfect spot, we made a controlled drift/troll with 2 bottom bouncers and 2 board rods with 2 oz online, fished 50 and 60 back, we ended up taking somewhere around 18 good fish in just 2 ½ hours. We had 2 at 27 and 1 at 28 and a 5 and 6 pounder for our best 5 fish.. It was a great day on the water and we ended up finishing well. The best harnesses were purple and green opaque beads , with # 4 and # 5 Colorado’s a variety of beads and blades worked silver back with purple on the front, gold back purple front, Indiana blades purple front, silver back and silver hammered along with copper back with pink black and maroon front. Our Speed was .8-1.3, we used our electric to get down very slow and often not even using it and using the big motor as a rudder to keep the boat straight and boards upright. We had a fire drill and had a couple on at the same time ended up going to 3 bottom bouncers one of each corner and one over the back of the big motor, and one board rod. Franks’ boat control was unbelievable and I credit that to some of our success for him keeping the program true and straight, we lost no fish, broke nothing, and just had a great fun hootin hollering day on the water ….well after we started boating fish at least.

The WBSA does a great job running these tourney’s and I can’t thank them and the sponsors enough, great job once again to Matt, Chris and Marc and everyone else who pitches in in the morning and weigh in, they are ran so smooth and without any problems or hitches. It’s great to see everyone walk away with something even if you don’t place, another neat thing is you get to find out who did what and where.

Sellfish, first off thanks buddy and I feel the same way we have an awesome thing going and nothing is better and stronger than good fishing friends on and off the water, real happy to have the team that I have, so thanks for all your help as well, it means a lot to Team Kielbasa.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Gary,

Congrats to you and Nicholas on an impressive win! I know exactly where you were coming from while you spoke to the crowd and the pride you have in your son. Nice job!

BobK and I fished east of Kellys and south of Gull on Friday. Our best program was similar to most of the others that pulled goods weights. Spinners on bouncers off the corners and 2 oz keel weights at 50-65' back on in-line planers 1.2-1.3 worked best. Purple/silver blades #4 blades with purple/black beads worked best. Lots of solid '03 fish with enough tourney fish to get us around the 38# range Friday. Unfortunately we didn't get the number of good bites Saturday and finished in 10th with 29.5 #. Sure was nice to not fish in 7 to 8' waves!

Another outstanding job by Marc, Matt, and Chris as well as all the LEWT sponsors.

Tim

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Gary and Nicholas contratulations on your awesome weekend and win!!!!!!!! you truly are a walleye master.. also congrats to team kielbasa you guys are really starting to turn into a force to be reconed with!!!!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
congrats gary and nicholas that is great! nice report as well

kgone/fishon thanks for the reports and great job on the leader board - oh yea

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Congrats Gary & Son. I am sure you will cherish that weekend for quite some time.
Also to the Kielbasa Kids - way to adapt and keep in the hunt.

·
Dr Data
732 Posts
Great Job Nick for showing dad the program ... must have been the new Starcraft's stealth .... great job on picking up those fish...

My 10 year old has the drive just not the talented old man.... great job Gary in educating your son and showing your in confidence in him by picking him as a partner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts