Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have they cleared the trees/stumps from Hotwaters? If Lorain is still hot, I might think about putting in there or down the river a bit.

My other thought, since the weather looks good for Saturday is to put in at Edgewater and make the run to deep waters looking for chrome.

My old man hates crowded ramps though, so I'm open to suggestions. Who else is going out?

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Just remember if your going out of Edgewater to beat the firework crowd! I ALMOST tried that last year. If your in early and out before 3 you should be fine.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Use the ramp at Rocky River, some folks but nothing compared to Edgewater. If you go to lorain use Black River alot less crowded than Hotwaters.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
There's a bunch of $10 private ramps around. Likely worth it on these peak weekends.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm launching out of wildwoods tomorrow and trolling east. Sunday I'll be launching out of the miller road launch in avon after some eyes and chromes. I'm going to avoid the whole sat. crowd. Good luck out there.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Goerge, How about us peons, do we get a starting point? Hope to get over there for some perch and walleye in the same day.
Due north of Geneva 8-10miles.

last week the 58N/58W line was great. With these last 3 days of steady rain, im betting your going to want to head deeper and little more east.

These fish are on the move.....and FAST towards the deep stuff off ashtabula. Summer hit real early for them this year.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Due north of Geneva 8-10miles.

last week the 58N/58W line was great. With these last 3 days of steady rain, im betting your going to want to head deeper and little more east.

These fish are on the move.....and FAST towards the deep stuff off ashtabula. Summer hit real early for them this year.
Thanks George, the weekend sounds like its going to be beautiful. Bluewalleye on 68.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Use the ramp at Rocky River, some folks but nothing compared to Edgewater. If you go to lorain use Black River alot less crowded than Hotwaters.

Rocky River gets a HUGE fireworks launch crowd. Usually a very lightly used set of ramps gets stupid in a hurry during the 4th and the air show as it is (like Edgwater) totally unsupervised and turns to a free for all.

·
Registered
11,372 Posts
Just visited the Black River Ramp today for the first time. There is no way I'll be launching out of Hotwaters on weekends anymore. Six lanes and plenty of parking plus only $4.:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Use the black river ramp all the time, deep, no crowd,the only drawback is the long ride to the lake,gives me time to set up the rods,dont tell too many people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where are some of the pay to launch ramps around Cleveland? I too don't mind paying a few bucks to avoid the crowds on the holidays. Thanks for all the input from this site!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts