close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing For Friends

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bubbahunter, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Well as many of you know this years outing will be held June 5th. at Grand lake st. marys from 8am. till 1pm.This is a special needs outing just to get some of these folks out and to enjoy a day of fishing.last year was a great success. we had 26 kids and adults attend with about 30 volenteers.we are hoping to get around 40 folks signed up this year. so far we have 11 signed up with ages between 7 and 64.this year eveyone will recieve a medalion with a red ,white and blue ribbon. i`ll try to post a pic of it later.i have recieved donations from several members and alot more are going to bring and send door prizes. thank you to everyone for helping me do this.we could use some more help to help finish this up. if anyone would like to donate anything i`ll give my info at the botton of this thread.

we will provide a continental breakfast to get things started and lunch to help round out the day.after lunch we`ll give out awards and door prizes with a few special awards going to biggest fish,smallest fish, most fish caught,and the most fun award. we`ll keep it going as long as anyone wants to fish. this thing could go on all day if they had their way.

thanks,
    Bub

Rob Litteral
    511 Fifth Ave.
    Coldater,Ohio
    (419)678-0036

2. catking

catking Banned

I will be coming up to help out all that I can. This is a very worth while outing. Looking forward to it. CATKING. :)

3. im looking foward to it, the smiles are woth the trip

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Bub,

I'll help out!!

Also, if you can put something together (some text, maybe some pics from last year's event) then I can put them up on the main page when we go live tomorrow!

5. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

You know I'll be there. Tell your wife I don't like continental breakfast. So, I like my eggs over easy,3 of them will do. Maybe a pound of bacon, hash browns, biscuits and gravy. Oh yeah, sausage patties too. And coffee with cream and sugar, maybe some o.j., freshly squeezed. Sounds good. Thanks
    BIll

6. no problem Bill she said she`ll get right on that.By the way Jerry is off the hook and you are now back on .thanks for the help buddy.

Bub

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

You know I'm there. Although I feel sorry for all those kids, I'd hate to give them the Fishless Curse that I have.

8. i`m sure we can find something for you to do so you are away from eveyone lol .maybe you could show up and cook Bills breakfast,you know he gets cranky when he don`t get breakfast. thanks again for the help!

Bub

9. bill_gfish

Yeah, If I don't eat twice by 8:00 I am grumpy! Cheeseburger and pizza rolls then a good breakfast. Bubba can keep you far away from everyone mellon and just explain that ya got gas and thought it better not to share it. :eek:

bilL

10. Thanks bill for getting me off the hook, that hook was sharp.
    As far as breakfast just serve me mine in bed with the outdoor channel on the tv.(adelphia style).

11. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Please keep Bryan away from the kids, you want them to maybe catch a fish!

12. I think we`ll put Bryan on trash patrol, that way he can`t taint the bait or the fishin hole. lol

13. here is the award that everyone will recieve this year.let me know what you think.

Bub

[​IMG]

Ok it could be bigger but at least i got it to work lol

14. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

The awards look good.

Count me in on being there.

15. gunner70

gunner70 two legged bird dog

Count me in. I tried awile back to get one started at americana and it fell through. But I would consider it a honor to help out. I dont know if you contacted zebco? But they were very helpfull and sent me special prices on fishing rods and reels. At the time they offerd me a chance to buy 100 z-glass rods with 202 reels loaded with fishing line for around a $1000. They even sent me 2 (Take a kid fishing banners) And all of this was done through there web site. One more thing sams/walmart loves to help out on things like this. Take your pics from last year to the store manager and ask him/her for maybe pop/hot dog/hamburger donations. If they wont help you up there. I know the local Sams down here will help. Its nice to have a wife that has work there for 15 years. So let me know. But If the date changes let me know and I will have to switch days with someone. I have off Fridays and Saturdays. And if somthing happens and I cant come I will send someone some King Island passes to be given to the winner/winners. Keep up the hard work. There are some kids out there that needs a smile put back on there faces.

16. catking

catking Banned

I'm really looking forward to this event. The award looks great Bubba !! And by all means, keep H2OMellon on trash patrol :D See ya all there. CATKING.

17. Chris,Rick thanks guys i think there pretty cool myself.i think we better keep an eye on Bryan he may try to claim one of the fish as his own.lol did you guys see the picture of him last year holding the goodie bags? he looked so "cute".lol sorry buddy just had to remind you.

Gunner-thanks for the help. i sent out letters to all the major tackel companies so hopefully we`ll get afew goodies.PM me your Phone # and i`ll fill you in on our wal-mart up here. i don`t think we`ll be going to them for anything, but if you can get anything from sam`s that would be great. the Kings Island passes would be just to cool some of the kids have DR. bills so high that this may be the only chance to get to go.i`m sure that will be a true high lite for them .

thanks guys and look forward to seeing eveyone,

Bub

18. bill_gfish

Come one come all but the breakfast is mine. :D Looks like there is gonna be alot of help on this one. Bubba pm me a list of things you might need and I'll see what work can do this year.
    bIll