close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing for Big cat's in lakes ...

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Tadpole, May 23, 2005.

1. Ok let's hear some advise on this .... i've recently seen where 2 very large cat's were taken from Lake Logan in the past couple weeks and since i live only 20 minutes awayi am heading down there tomorrow or Wedneday on my days off to fish ... i'd love to have a chance to hook-up with a really nice big cat and was wondering if anyone had some tips such as if i would be better off fishing late afternoon into the night or even maybe trying an hour or so before sunrise into the morning .... also should i concentrate on shallow waters ?
    I am planning on getting some fresh bluegills to take and also using cut shad, i have good rod/reel set ups that are plenty capable of handling a large cat but have just never concentrated on catching them as far as using live bait and waiting it out.
    Any advise will be appreciated as i want to catch some big cat's this year, i plan on investing alot of time and just want to use it wisely ... meaning i want to use the best methods and bait/tackle that i can to increase my chances of having some luck.

Thanks !!!!!!!!

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have caught quite a few channel cats this year from Logan, they have all came on cut shad in the shallow end...And in the daytime!