close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Derby Champ!

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Jackfish, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Teaching the youngsters fishing can be challenging - too much, or too often & I think they can lose interest, also they have to catch fish or it is just "boring". Well this weekend I made some strong headway in passing on the sport. A local pond had an annual kids fishing derby over the weekend so I took my daughter out for this... had a great time. They stock the ponds the day before with farm raised cats, so the fishing isn't to hard - but there are some tricks I picked up on from last year.

-This time around she was using my cat rods (so that when all the kids get their lines snagged together hers' wasn't going to be the one to break)

- The lines where ready to go right at 9:00 sharp (all the fish are caught in the first 90 min)

- We had our own bait (they supply bait but usually run out)
    Well, she carried all the fish to the weigh in herself - all the kids keeps saying "wow - look at those". Ended up with 5 fish, 14.7lbs total - she took first place for her age bracket (winning a new rod) & only missed the "grand champion" slot by .4lbs.

So for the moment, she thinks fishing is still "really cool".

Attached Files:

2. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Nice going, Jackfish. Looks like a great time was had by you and your daughter.