Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how many guys actually fish the pond that connects to the creek (about 3/4 of a mile from the mouth)... i know in the summer time its a good hole to do some cattin' and carpin' in but went out the other day and knocked the crappie and bluegill out; 67 total...crappie were small 5"-7" but several over 9" and the gills were all hand size and bigger... the biggest was 9"... released them all since i wasnt going cattin the next day...:D bait

·
Registered
142 Posts
I doubt most guys on this site know of the pond you are referring too. You kind of got to be a local local, to know that spot...

I've never caught anything there other than cats and carp, and I doubt anyone fishes there for anything other than cats. I think most that fish that pond are residence in NM, and can walk to the pond from their backyards. The only other time I saw anyone there was a guy that pointed to his house, so...

I see you have another post about some early runs of WB in buck creek. Did you find any as far up as that pond or are they staying down by the trussle right now?

Whiskers

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well since the army corps bought the land north of new moorefield back towards the fenn and have put up signs saying access by permit only, and byron rice writing tickets left and right for "tresspassing" i have been limited to the trussel right now, but still catching just the early males...every now and then you'll hook into a female but last night i caught around 30 with 2 females and one was 19 inches!!!:eek: but yea since that new "regulation"in effect...looks like nobody will be fishing that pond anymore

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I have tried to describe the location of that pond to people who have lived near the lake thier entire lives and thay have no idea what I am talking about!
I have never seen another person there and only talked to a few people that actually know where it is. My dad showed it to me years ago when I was a young boy.

Funny!

4,760 Posts
I know wat pond your talkin bout jason and i fished there a year or two ago when the white bass were runnin and actually caught a couple WB with the water high and a largemouth. Never heard of anybody actually cacthin crappie and big bluegill there. The other pond with the building by it i caught a crappie or two playin around with a rooster tail there... :G

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well lets say that pond used to be a good fishing hole...but now since the prarie fenn is off limits, so are both of the ponds...but yea the big pond connected to the creek is full of nice fish...channels up to 20lbs, carp, bass (biggest I caught ever was 6lbs) bluegill, perch, crappie (alot in there but kinda small 5-9 inches) and when spawning the whitebass...but like I said, since they moved boundary lines...its off limits to the public

1 - 7 of 7 Posts