Fishing/Bengals/Ohio River

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by UFM82, Sep 9, 2007.

1. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

I'll be in front of (or behind depending on your perspective) Paul Brown Stadium with my lines in the water, maybe a TV on the boat and the radio on. If you see me out there, wave. It's great to sit on the water and listen to the crowd roar when the Bengals do something good. Granted, that's not very often... ;) Hopefully I may even luck into a fish or two as well.

UFM82

19' ProLine center console

2. catking

catking Banned

JEEZE US !!!!!! Ya better listen to the game as you surely wont be catchin fish , if things are still the same as the last time we met...:p ....Sure is nice reading something from one of the old river rats....;) Good luck Craig , and DA KING !!! will send a little luck downstream to you....:D ...OH YEA !!! THE CATKING !!!

3. UFM82

What's up King? Long time...

Well, the night was a good one all the way around. The Bengals managed to hold on and win the opener which was a very good thing and I managed to catch 6 cats! My flatty of the night may have gone 1 lb with my bait in his mouth but they got better. 5 channels all around 5 lbs decided to put on the feedbag right at 8:45 and the feast continued until 9:20 and then they were done. Sure was nice having success on both fronts!

Take care bud- it's good to hear from you again.

UFM82

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I have always wanted to do that. How busy was it on the river last night? How busy is it on a Sunday during a regular 1pm game?

5. catking

catking Banned

You better stick to the Scioto Mellonhead...:D Actually I believe the river isn't to busy after Labor day. UFM had a very good night overall on the river,as the Bengals won and the weather was great for cattin.....just like old times...... DA KING !!!

6. here is 1 i got the other night

Attached Files:

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Actually I bought another boat, a 2001 Targa (17 foot) from a fellow OGF'er. It's great for the Ohio.

8. What's up Craig!!!

Been living in Fla. for work the past few months and surely do miss the river and river fisherman. Was watching the game from a sports bar and thought I saw a boat anchored down out there :) Looks like you and the Bengals were rockin

9. This is also something I have wanted to do. How did you work out the tv thing did you need an antenna?

10. Macfish have you been out much this season?

11. No i hardly fished this summer at all.

The bite was slow from the guys i fish with

12. UFM82

Everyone else was on the Ky side so they could see the Jumbotron. I wanted to be on the Ohio side over the humps I found that were stacked with fish.

I didn't take a TV but I will for the next Monday night game. I have a 13" color portable that runs on AC/DC and will work just fine in the boat. It has a small antenna that will get the local stations very well believe it or not.

My wife and son were watching the game and they said they saw me several times in the overhead shots. There was a plane circling the entire game and I figured they were shooting from up there. My wife recognized the boat immediately- not many center consoles running around the river. LOL

This is like the old days- catking, macfish, hunterm and others on this thread. From out of the woodwork...

See ya' all in October!

UFM82

13. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Speaking of......
    ;)

14. catking

catking Banned

I believe Hell has really frozen over now....Jimmy DA Cat has joined in on the conversation...OH YEA !!!!! Heck , I don't recall him being able to write...:p Long time Jimmy.....:) You are right UFM, just like old times....Great hearing from you guys, that's for sure....Now did somebody mention a boat ride....;) ......LOL !!!!! DA KING !!! ....AKA :B

15. What ramp did you put in at?

16. UFM82

Ran down to the mouth of the Mill Creek just to look and anchored in front of the stadium within 100 feet of shore in 23' of water. Wound up moving about 100 yards upstream 1/2 an hour later and found a hump with fish marks.

The river traffic was very light and the crowd was fun.

I'll be out Friday night most likely and I'l lbe there for the next Monday Night Football game in October, even though the Bengals suck. LOL

UFM82

17. What ramp did you use, I am not familiar with the Mill creek ramp.

18. UFM82

Go east past the stadium and the US Bank arena, follow the road for about 5 miles and you'll come to Schmidt Ramp and Fields. $10 to launch but the ramp is good, there are docks and it's lit. That's a plus at 4:00 a.m. when you're trying to recover a boat.

It's a short run west to downtown. The Mill Creek dumps into the Ohio downstream from Paul Brown Stadium. It's been known to have shad hanging out there.

UFM82

19. How far of a run is it from down by Tanner's creek?