fishing at hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by al capone, Aug 19, 2008.

1. can anyone give me any insight as to where to fish at hoover for saugeye.....? after fishing at alum this weekend , i need to go to a lake with limited horse power...i did good at alum this weekend...but almost got plowed over by a couple 25 footers.........PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GET KILLED

2. ha good luck gettin into them as they are always moving......... Try LOTW I got a 8 pounder out of there last week.

3. what about the nothern flats area near galina?

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

stick to the middle and lower section flats,points and dropoffs.the upper section might be worth a shot,but only in the lower part clser to sunbury bridge,not near galena.

5. thanks misfit....lived here all my life but nerver had much luck at hoover except for cappie....after this weekend atleast cappie will not get me killed....it was truly ugly at alum.....boats that should be in eire were blowin throuh alum

6. are the still trolling harnesses there?

7. hey misfit ...dont mean to touble you to much. but what about depth?

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

anywhere from a few feet to about 20 feet now,with them following shad and cooling water.

9. thanks again misfit...like i said ,dont mean to be a pain...but after a weekend at alum during the day.....i need to find a safer place.....no concideration at alum for a smaller boat