close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fishing at Delaware St Park...

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bbasf, Aug 16, 2004.

1. bbasf

bbasf

Hello fellow fisherman.....
    I was wondering about a good 'fish-catching' spot at Delaware St Park.
    One of my buddies at work mentioned that he wanted to take his 3 chilldern fishing. I told him I have a pontoon at DSP but am not a fisherman so I wasn'r sure of any whaere to go.
    I was told that some of you anglers could direct me to a good spot for kids to catch fish. (Ages 8,10,12)

Please help

Thanks - Bruce

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Not to familiar with delaware but anywhere that has brush, trees or cover in the water should be good for crappies and pan fish. Good luck and enjoy the day.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Not to familiar with delaware but anywhere that has brush, trees or cover in the water should be good for crappies and pan fish. Good luck and enjoy the day.

4. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

there's a bluegill pond near the marina , and brush that's been planted off the rip rap at the marina

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I have a good spot for bluegills, but not even sure if you can get back in there anymore :( The last time I was there, you couldn't take your vehicle all the way back as there were too many potholes to sink a vehicle in. LOL. PM me and I'll try to direct you back there.....it's worth a shot anyways.

6. There is a nice little spot right next to the small ramp. Looking out from the ramp go around the point to the left to the 1st cove. It is right around the corner. As you enter the cove it turns to the right slightly then back to the left. The point at the turn on the left had side is a very good spot for this type of fishing.

I have been in there many times bass fishing and watched people pull fish after fish off of that little spot. Should be plenty of room for 3 on the bank unless someone else is already there.

Good Luck.

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I think the man said he had a boat to fish from, so that being said can he reach any of those spots?

I don't know any spots on the lake, but I do know there are ponds on the east side of the lake, back by the eagle's nest that are very good for bluegill fishing. I don't know how the bank access is though. Good luck with those kids.

8. If you know where the ramp is off of Horseshoe Rd. is, go straight across the lake and fish the Bank area there. There is a drop off in that area. It goes from 2' - 4' to 10' - 14'. Find that spot and you'll catch some fish.

Also hit all the brush piles and bushes you come across.

LoweBoat

9. The Marina is a great place. Thats were I normally fish. fish off the rock point that is there. Delware is a great catfish lake numbers wise, but i have serious trouble pulling anything above 7 pounds out of there. I dont know why.

10. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Some nice tips guys thanks ... i think i'll have to get down that way sometime..