Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got out about 9am and done around 12:30pm. nothing hot and heavy, just steady fish. we didn't mark large amounts, just small pods. if your fishing ashtabula go north to the 05 line and start there. we picked up all, yes all of the fish trolling north. nothing in any other direction. found a pod of very nice size eyes and kept looping thru it. we got 12 eyes and a 6 pound steelhead(bloody nose stinger). chartruse pooh bear was the spoon early and gold kervorkein and a silver blue edge were the limit fillers:D all michigan stingers again, nothing else caught a fish. ran rip sticks(700's), little rippers, dreamweavers, northern kings... nothing but stingers working today??? we were in 72 fow and trolling at 2.5 most of the time. #1 dipsy at 250 caught 10 of the 12 fish. strange bite today they were picky. looked like storms, only sprinkled and was smooth trolling today. 1st photo is the 1st fish of the day, just shy of 8lbs. it was a 14 mile run out.

Attachments

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Nice! Did you try harnesses? They worked very well for us last Sunday. By the way, stop procrastinating and try Geneva sometime. :p

Workdog

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
EZ....don't ya hate it when the first fish of the day is an eight pounder!

Mother Erie has certainly been smiling on us the last couple yrs.

That's a nice boat ya got.......trade you mine fer yours even......now thats a deal huh? Think about how much you'll save on gas?

Good job buddy.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Good job, Nice fish, It's great when the first is an 8, to bad they didn't keep coming for you. :p

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice fish EZ

Michigan stingers have put a lot of fish in the boat for me too.

Gander Mtn in Niles carried a great selection last season.

This year they've only got a few. The're carying contender spoons now.

Look a lot like stingers. I picked up four last time there but haven't had a chance to try them yet.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Great job! Monday we marked them steadily all over, and they were hugging the bottom. Good thing the weather gave you a break today.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the replys.. it was probably our best day on erie this year for size and speed to the limit. its not about always filling the cooler, but it is nice to do it once in awhile quickly:p :D

workdog, buddy we were fishing geneva.. we just launched at bula.LOL..

TMK. get out to gander. they have a new shipment in. tons of everything. lots of stingers, scorpions, fishlanders, dreamweavers, northern kings, contenerds and some gander mtn brand spoons. this year i think they listened to the request for a bigger selection of spoons.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice catch Ez now I'm jealous I couldn't get out this week! I hope somehow I can get out next week. Great job on the 8lb'er! Oh and the steelie! You know how I love fighting those bullets!:eek:

·
BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES
1,280 Posts
hope you did not find my hot spot out there as I had one.use to get the limit walleyes and a few salmon plus steelys.have not been out there for 2 years now but will go soon.so leave a few for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts