Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kids got another bbaseball tourney in C-bus this weekend, few weeks ago, we took some rods. shore fished for cats from Alum which is very close to hotel.....

this trip....taking the 20' er down with us...

we fish Erie for 'eyes via trolling and drifting quite a bit...perch in spring and fall.....work the Akron area lakes for 'eyes dragging jigs/worms....

what/where do you suggest we fish....use.....types of baits....will be fishing in afternoons til dark for a few days....

I only know of the ramp at the marina, as that is the area we shore fished last time there.

Thanks for the tips, plan on having boat wet Thursday afternoon!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
if you like chasing eyes remember saugeyes mostly stick to bottom so using bottom bouncers instead of in line weights or other erie devices will help you do a lot better. Watch for drop offs points etc. Look for marks within a foot or so of bottom or on the bottom.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,190 Posts
This time of year can be tough. If i were targetting saugeye at Alum, I would focus on the lower basin and work depths of 12-16 fow. Rocky or sandy bottom would be good. Find baitfish in conjunction with those depths and bottom content and you should do well. You can slow troll harnesses or pull some small cranks like Hot-n-Tots, small Wally Divers or shad raps(black/silver, blue & firetiger are my fav colors).

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually...I just want to catch fish...dont care about the species.......I can catch 'eyes anytime up at Erie.............

what was you guys using to catch the whities with?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts