close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fishing after the video day..

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Mar 9, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i just checked the long term forecast for the weekend of the video day.. they are showing temps in the high 40s from thursday thru friday leading into the weekend.. thats warm enough to get me out fishing for suure.. anyone else going??

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Perhaps ;) Not fully sure yet.

3. Where ya plan on hitting? I will go if the weather is decent.

Jake

4. crappielooker

well..it supposed to be kinda warm-ish out..and also kinda warmish leading into the weekend.. might as well try and fish at buckeye lake.. since we are going to be there anyways. maybe bob will wet his lines with us too..
    but i'm game to fish just about anywhere too..

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Buckeye will still be pretty cold AK. Not to say fish can't be caught. Might be worth the drive into Cosi?

6. crappielooker

i'll see how cosi looks on friday shawn..if its decent then we'll go from there.. i just want to catch something..lol..

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

lol. The extended forecast looks like there will be ice on Buckeye again by next weekend. LOL. Gotta love Ohio weather.

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Jake,
    I took that day off(with pay..lol), i'll be fishing the usual stretch if ya want to venture down. There's nothing like getting paid to fish...hehe

Scott

9. crappielooker

ups and downs of ohio's weather.. they are again calling for nice temps during the weekend.. anyone still wanting to go?? guess i can fish by myself if it comes to it.. :)

10. I'm thinking about at least wetting a line for a little while...it it's nice out I might join you.

11. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

CW....

There's no denying you are DA Kingless' kid :D

12. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Around last Sunday after we had the warm snap I got reports that the carp where really on the move at Buckeye. If I did not have work I would of been out there, I heard of reports that they where all around Leibs, Brooks canal's and most of the canals around millersport. Did not get any reports from the North ramp area but I will assume they where there in any of the shallows.

Buckeye has that mucky heavy vegetated bottom and only averages around 5 feet deep. It will warm up much quicker then any body of water around central ohio mat be worth keeping an eye on it. All though the temps are only going to reach around the 40's from wednesday on up don't know if the 40's will be enough to get them moving again. Of course the rain may be another factor, since it is coming from the South and not the North it may aid in warming up that water a lot quicker.

If you want to fish I would put my money on either Buckeye or the river as far as getting any fish, for now I would just play it by ear.

13. crappielooker

well..... after much thoughts, i figured i will put out some chum at both buckeye lake and COSI downtown columbus.. i was gonna drive to buckeye today and do some chumming..but that $2.20 a gallon scared me off.. so i will be leaving columbus early tomorrow morning, and head to buckeye to chum first before heading to the hotel.. hopefully bob will fish with us out there.. ;) talked to rod from cincy yesterday, and he's coming up with intentions to do a little fishing.. said somethin about using his paylakin stuff or somethin'.. :D
    after my little hook up with a carp(didn't land him) at cosi on wednesday, i'm going back there again today to try it again.. and do some chumming around.. :)

14. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

I'll be at the get together gents...but, don't know about fishing afterwards yet...may have some "have too's" to take care of :( See y'all in the a.m.