close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing 12/26/04?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Nickadams, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I am thinking about going tomm, but can't decide if it would be worth my while. I am thinking about Charles Mill Spillway or Pleasant Hill Spillway, but I have never been to Charles Mill. Actually, I am thinking that the "Hill" at Pleasant Hill may be near impossible with this ice. Hoover and Alum are much closer to me.
    Getting to the point: If anyone has any idea where I might do some good tomm I would very much appreciate some advice. I am not opposed to ice fishing, but I don't really have the equipment (mainly no auger). I did just by an aqua view for my dad and I wouldn't mind trying that out. I am not sure how safe the ice is on Alum yet. It probably isn't a good idea.
    If anyone has some ideas about where to go, I live in Columbus and would drive 1hr - 1-1/4hrs to find decent fishing. I would like to target saugeyes, but I would enoy catching any fish that is willing to bite. Please leave some advice, or I will be in the chat room until my wife kicks me off the computer :)

2. I wouldn't try Alum just quite yet, unless you want to get wet. Most of the farm ponds are pretty safe, if ice can be safe. Checked one today and it had 4" of solid ice over 20' of water.