close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fishfinder still

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by mousejam515, Sep 26, 2004.

1. im still looking to get a fishfinder. i was thinking about the bottomline fishing buddy. but i decided to spend the $ and get a better one. so far i know that secreen resolution is important. iv been looking at the humminbird matrix and the garmin. is the dual frequency worth the money? i know i want one that i can make portable to use for icefishing. i was wondering wich ones you guys have used and have the better features and stuff. wich features will i actualy use or want to have, and wich one is easyer to understand. i guess i havent looked to much at any of the eagle/lowrance ones yet tho. im trying to spend about $150-$200. the humminbird website has some reconditioned ones so that might be a option.

thanks
    j

2. i think i have decided to get the humminbird matrix 17. its got 320 by 320 display. and the dualbeam transducer. and when ice fising time comes arround i can buy the case to make it portable.

j

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

having it portable would be nice, but when ice fishing, it's more important to be in the right place at the right time. atleast you'll be able to see the structure that you want to fish. I have a humingbird, but would perfer a higher resolution garmin.