close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fishfinder not working????

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by katfishmcgraw, Oct 8, 2004.

1. katfishmcgraw

katfishmcgraw aficianado

I just bought a lowrance x-125 last spring and the sucker is not working already. I think it may be done altogether already before even one full fishing season. I've norrowed it down to either the unit itself (fishfinder unit that is), or the power cable. Are there any suggestions on why I'm not getting any power???? Everything looks to be in good shape it just don't work. I've wiggled th cable around while hitting the power button and nothing:( Should I just try and return the darn thing?

2. Be sure to check the fuse and connection at your power block. I work in electronics and don't know how many times something like this has bitten me.

3. katfishmcgraw

katfishmcgraw aficianado

Thanks Jon but it was just the battery post protectant I had sprayed on the post. Wiped it off and presto :) I wonder what section of fishfinder troubleshooting that would be under? Just glad my $400 fishfinder ain't broke already. Now, you all better get out and catch as many fish as you can before my battery charges ;)